Raiders Acquire Stanley from Oil Kings
Prince Albert, Sask. - The Prince Albert Raiders acquired 2004-born defenceman Ross Stanley from the Edmonton Oil Kings on Sunday.
In exchange, the Raiders sent 2004-born defenceman Graydon Gotaas and a conditional fifth-round pick in the 2024 WHL Prospects Draft to Edmonton.
"Ross is a good skating young defenceman with a really good skill set," said Raiders General Manager Curtis Hunt. "He provides us with good depth on the blueline. We're excited to add him to the fold."
Stanley, a 6'0, 184-lb rearguard, has played in three games for the Oil Kings this season, registering three shots on goal, a plus-one rating, and two penalty minutes. During the shortened 2021 season, the Edson, Alta. product had an assist and two penalty minutes in 18 games.
Stanley was selected 40th overall in the 2019 WHL Prospects Draft by the Oil Kings. He signed with Edmonton during the team's training camp in 2019.
Gotaas, drafted 44th overall in the 2019 WHL Prospects Draft by the Raiders, played in 19 games with Prince Albert in the Subway Hub Centre. He posted a goal and three assists with a minus-four rating.
"We thank Graydon for his time as a Raider and wish him the best during his time in Edmonton," said Hunt.
Additionally, the Raiders re-assigned 2004-born forward Alex Mack and 2004-born goaltender Ronin Geraghty. Mack played in two games over the weekend, recording three shots on goal. Geraghty made one start for the Raiders in the regular season, stopping 26 shots in a loss to the ICE in Winnipeg.
The Raiders are off until Friday night when they make their first trip to Alberta since the 2019-20 season for a rematch with the Tigers in Medicine Hat. The following night, they head to Lethbridge to square off with the Hurricanes. Both games begin at 7 p.m. MT and can be streamed on WHL Live on CHL TV.
The next Raiders' home game is on Friday, October 29 when the Brandon Wheat Kings visit the Art Hauser Centre. Game time is 7 p.m. MT. Tickets are available the Raiders Office, Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and any time at SaskTix.ca.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from October 17, 2021
- GAME SUMMARY: Oil Kings Can't Solve Rebels in Sunday Matinee - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Cougars Complete Weekend Sweep of Victoria - Prince George Cougars
- Cougars Take Weekend Series against Royals - Victoria Royals
- Raiders Acquire Stanley from Oil Kings - Prince Albert Raiders
- Oil Kings Acquire Defenceman Graydon Gotaas from Prince Albert - Edmonton Oil Kings
- T-Birds Blanked in Everett - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Chadwick Earns First Career Victory 4-3 over Warriors - Saskatoon Blades
- Giants Drop a 5-0 Score at Home to Kamloops - Vancouver Giants
- Cougars Get in the Win Column against Victoria - Prince George Cougars
- Raiders Tame Tigers In Shootout - Prince Albert Raiders
- Raiders Trade Pearce to Wheat Kings - Prince Albert Raiders
- Royals Lose First Game of the Weekend against Prince George - Victoria Royals
- ICE Stay Undefeated with Win over Pats - Regina Pats
- Warriors Rally Late, But Fall to Blades on Saturday - Moose Jaw Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.