Quick Start Propels Spits To 3-1 Win Over Generals
(Oshawa, ON) The Spitfires scored just 10 seconds into the game and never looked back in a 3-1 win over the Generals at the General Motors Centre on Sunday afternoon.
Ben Johnson scored the eventual winner at 12:38 of the first period, while Kerby Rychel and Alexander Khokhlachev had a goal and an assist, as Windsor (16-19-1-6) earned points four and five of a possible six on the weekend, moving within six points of Saginaw for eighth in the Western Conference.
Alex Aleardi, Josh Ho-Sang, Brady Vail and Trevor Murphy each had single assists.
Jaroslav Pavelka made 29 saves for his 15th win of the season. The only shot that eluded him on the day came off the stick of Scott Sabourin at 4:29 of the third period.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from January 13, 2013
- Cousins, Murray Lead Hounds Past League-Leading Knights - Soo Greyhounds
- Quick Start Propels Spits To 3-1 Win Over Generals - Windsor Spitfires
- Five Rangers Score in Victory over IceDogs - Kitchener Rangers
- Gens Fall to Spits - Oshawa Generals
- IceDogs Drop Tough One to Kitchener 5-3 - Niagara IceDogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.