QMJHL Prolongs Holiday Break
The Commissioner of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League today announced that the League is pausing its activities from December 1st, 2020 to January 3rd, 2021. The decision was communicated to QMJHL Members and General Managers during a meeting held earlier today.
"The current situation with the pandemic in the regions in which we operate makes it extremely difficult to play games," shared Commissioner Gilles Courteau. "With the Holidays just around the corner, the provinces in the Maritimes have restricted access and travel, while red zone restrictions in Quebec do not permit us to play."
More details on the return to play will be made available in the next few weeks.
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from November 30, 2020
- QMJHL Prolongs Holiday Break - Moncton Wildcats
- QMJHL Prolongs the Holiday Break - Charlottetown Islanders
- QMJHL Prolongs Holiday Break - Saint John Sea Dogs
- QMJHL Suspends Activities Until January 3rd - Cape Breton Eagles
- QMJHL Prolongs Holiday Break - QMJHL
- Videotron Team of the Week Named for Week 9 - QMJHL
- Justin Robidas Named Ultramar Player of the Week for Week 9 - QMJHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.