QB Gunn returns to Vipers
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - A familiar face has returned to the Tennessee Valley Vipers.
Former quarterback Chris Gunn has been assigned to the Vipers by arenafootball2 and will be in uniform Saturday night when Tennessee Valley (1-1) visits South Division rival South Georgia (2-1) at the Albany Civic Center. Kickoff is set for 6:30 and the game will be broadcast on WVNN 92.5 FM and 770 AM.
"Gunn became available and he knows 90 percent of our system and has reps,'' Vipers coach Milt Theodosatos said. "He's a very valuable asset for the offense as we look to the future."
Gunn (6-foot-1, 180 pounds) completed 168 of 318 passes last season for 2,192 yards with 37 touchdowns and nine interceptions in 11 games. He also rushed 57 times for 231 yards and nine touchdowns.
Gunn spent the 2005 season with Tennessee Valley's indoor team after throwing for 295 yards and two touchdowns and rushing for 363 yards and four touchdowns as a transfer senior at North Alabama in '04. He lettered at Alabama A&M in 2000 and '01, completing 148 of 292 passes for 1,798 yards with 12 touchdowns.
In The Game on Fox 54: The second episode of "In the Game: The Story of the Tennessee Valley Vipers" will air Sunday at 10 p.m. on Fox 54. The show is an inside look at the Vipers told by the coaches, players and staff and is sponsored by Infinity Huntsville and produced by DreamMaker Entertainment.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from April 20, 2007
- af2 week four Saturday night matchups - af2
- Stockton Lightning game notes - Stockton Lightning
- Blitz to Host Stockton In Home Opener - Bakersfield Blitz
- Coyotes Look to Rebound Versus Expansion Fever - Central Valley Coyotes
- Shock, Dishman Dodge help NW Autism center - Spokane Shock
- Wolves update - Manchester Wolves
- Blitz Launch BLITZ WOW! (Women of Wisdom) Program - Bakersfield Blitz
- QB Gunn returns to Vipers - Alabama Vipers
- Copperheads Don't Accept Losing Well - Texas Copperheads