Preview: Storm Set to Battle Stampede at Viaero Center
Kearney, NE. - The Tri-City Storm return to action tonight at the Viaero Center in a Western Conference matchup against the defending Clark Cup Champion Sioux Falls Stampede. Tonight's game will serve as the kickoff event for "Halloweekend", a special two game promotion at the Viaero Center. Tri-City will again hit the ice tomorrow at 4:05pm in a matchup against the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders. Tickets to both games are on sale now and can be purchased online at the team's newly redesigned website, www.StormHockey.com. Puck drop tonight's game is schedule for 7:05pm.
Tri-City (1-4-1-1) got goals from Kyle Aucoin and Colby Ambrosio in last night's road loss to Sioux City. Aucoin's goal was the 2nd of his USHL career, and Ambrosio's goal was his team-leading 4th of the 2019-2020 regular season. The Storm return home tonight in search of its 2nd win of the season. Last week, Tri-City defeated Sioux Falls by a final score of 4-1 to record its first victory of its 20th Anniversary Season. In last night's loss, the Storm held the USHL's 3rd ranked power play off the board and improved to 88.9% on the penalty kill. The Tri-City penalty kill is now 4th best in the league. With last night's road loss at the Tyson Events Center to Sioux City, the Storm have now lost three consecutive games for the second time this season. Tri-City returns home tonight looking for its second win of the season, and second win over the Sioux Falls Stampede. This weekend's games at the Viaero Center precede a four game road trip for the team, who will not return home again until it hosts Des Moines in back to back games on November 8th & 9th.
Sioux Falls (1-4-1-0) returns to the Viaero Center tonight after dropping a 4-1 decision to the Storm last week. Tonight's matchup between the Stampede and the Storm will be the team's final meeting until the Stampede host the Storm at the Denny Sanford Premier Center on February 3rd. It will also be Sioux Falls' last trip to the Viaero Center until the team returns for the conclusion of the regular season series on March 28th. After winning its opening game of the season at the USHL Fall Classic, the Sioux Falls Stampede have dropped five consecutive games. On Thursday in Fargo, ND, the Stampede erased a 3rd period deficit in the game's final minutes, but ultimately fell in overtime to the Fargo Force by a final score of 4-3. Tonight's game is the final game of the weekend for the Stampede, who will return home to host the Muskegon Lumberjacks in back to back games next weekend. Sioux Falls enters tonight's game as the last place team in the USHL's Western Conference standings.
Tonight's game is set to begin at 7:05pm CT, and will be streamed live on HockeyTV, and Storm Radio. To purchase tickets to Storm home games at the Viaero Center, visit www.StormHockey.com or call 308-338-8144.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from October 19, 2019
- Hawks Ride Ralston's Outburst - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Tri-City Defeated by Stampede 2-1 - Tri-City Storm
- Stampede Defeat Tri-City Storm 2-1 in Kearney - Sioux Falls Stampede
- McCarthy's 18 Save Shutout Pushes Dubuque to 6-0 on the Season - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Gaffney's Late Heroics Lift Muskegon to Win over Green Bay - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- RoughRiders Triumph over Lancers - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Preview: Storm Set to Battle Stampede at Viaero Center - Tri-City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tri-City Storm Stories
- Preview: Storm Travel to Iowa for Two Game Weekend
- Storm Add Forward Sam Rhodes to Roster
- Tri-City Defeated by Des Moines 8-4
- Preview: Storm Set to Host Military Appreciation Night at Viaero Center
- Tri-City Scores Four Unanswered 3rd Period Goals to Defeat Des Moines 5-2