Preview: Riverhounds SC at Loudoun United FC
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC (9-3-1) will visit Loudoun United FC (1-8-3) for its last road match of the season on Saturday, Sept. 19. Kickoff is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. at Segra Field, and the match will be locally televised on 22 The Point.
After clinching playoff berth in their last match, the Hounds now look to secure the Group F title. They currently hold a six-point advantage over second-place Hartford Athletic and would be one step closer to winning the group with a win against Loudoun.
This will be the third and final match between the two clubs this season. In their first match on Aug. 19, the Hounds secured a 2-0 victory at Segra Field. Two early goals from Steevan Dos Santos (7') and Lukas Fernandes (11') gave the Hounds a lead they would not surrender. In addition, goalkeeper Danny Vitiello earned his first career clean sheet, saving three shots on the night.
In their second meeting on Sept. 1, Pittsburgh defeated Loudoun, 3-0. Mark Forrest converted a penalty kick in the 5th minute to start the scoring, and Anthony Velarde converted another penalty to give the Hounds a two-goal lead. Albert Dikwa scored Pittsburgh's final goal in the 88th minute, which marked his first tally with the club. Vitiello acquired the clean sheet in the win.
Last time out, the Hounds clinched their third straight playoff berth with a 5-0 win against Hartford on Sept. 12 at Highmark Stadium. This marks the first time in club history the Hounds have made three consecutive playoff appearances. Ropapa Mensah and Ryan James netted two goals each in the win.
Meanwhile, Loudoun fell to Philadelphia Union II, 4-0, in its last match on Sept. 16 at Subaru Park.
During the match this Saturday, fans can use the hashtag #HoundsAtHome and submit photos of themselves watching the Hounds taking on Loudoun, which will be televised on 22 The Point. Be sure to tag the club's social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at @RiverhoundsSC.
To view Riverhounds SC's complete regular season schedule, visit riverhounds.com/game-schedule.
Date: Saturday, Sept. 19
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Location: Segra Field in Leesburg, VA
Television: 22 The Point
Live Statistics: USL Championship Match Center
Live Updates: Twitter at @RiverhoundsSC and #LDNvPIT
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 17, 2020
- USL Statement: COVID-19 Test Results - September 17, 2020 - USL
- North Carolina FC to Play Charlotte Independence on 919 Soccer Saturday - North Carolina FC
- Match Preview- Tampa Bay Rowdies at Atlanta United 2 - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Memphis 901 FC "Equality 4 All" Jersey up for Auction - Memphis 901 FC
- Two Austin Bold FC Matches Rescheduled - Austin Bold FC
- San Antonio FC Schedule Update - San Antonio FC
- FC Tulsa's Saturday Road Match at Rio Grande Valley FC Postponed - FC Tulsa
- Toros Release Updated Schedule - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Bijev's Sensational Strike Wins Goal of the Week - Sacramento Republic FC
- Preview: Riverhounds SC at Loudoun United FC - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Charlotte Independence Releases Seating Options for American Legion Memorial Stadium - Charlotte Independence
- Soccer Holdings' Speaker Series Launches with 'Race in Sports' Theme - Louisville City FC
- School Supply Drive Exceeds Expectations - Sacramento Republic FC
- Austin Bold FC Fall 3-2 to San Antonio FC in Five-Goal Thriller - Austin Bold FC
- San Antonio FC Clinches 2020 Playoff Spot with 3-2 Win over Austin - San Antonio FC
- Real Monarchs Fall 2-1 to Portland Timbers 2 - Real Monarchs SLC
- Switchbacks FC Drop 2-1 Result to El Paso - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC Stories
- Hounds' Forbes, Vancaeyezeele Named All-League First Team
- Hounds Fall to Louisville in Conference Quarterfinals
- Playoffs Preview: Riverhounds SC at Louisville City FC
- Riverhounds SC Goalkeeper Danny Vitiello Wins Golden Glove Award
- Hounds Open Playoffs at Louisville City FC, Match to be Televised on 22 the Point