USL Statement: COVID-19 Test Results - September 17, 2020
September 17, 2020 - United Soccer League Championship (USL) News Release
The United Soccer League (USL) can confirm that 1,312 tests were administered to players and club staff from the 35 Championship clubs between August 31st and September 7th with zero individuals testing positive.
USL League One
The USL can confirm that 608 tests were administered to players and club staff from the 11 League One clubs between August 31st and September 7th with one individual testing positive.
Those players or club staff who have tested positive will now self-isolate in line with the guidelines provided by the USL and only those who have tested negative will be permitted to enter training ground facilities. Anyone identified via contact tracing will also be quarantined and tested.
What happens after a positive test?
The individual will be immediately isolated and receive follow-up care and treatment from team physicians and infectious disease experts.
If appropriate (at the discretion of the team physician), the individual may be tested again to ensure the initial test was not a false positive.
All indoor areas in which the individual has been will be closed for 24 hours for cleaning and disinfection.
The individual's club, in consultation with the state or local health department, will conduct a contact tracing investigation.
Anyone identified in the contact tracing investigation will immediately quarantine and be tested one or more times on a schedule to be determined by the team physician.
As the 2020 season continues, the USL will make a central announcement of COVID-19 test results on a weekly basis to continue to support competition integrity and transparency.
In order to protect the privacy of those involved, no specific details as to clubs or individuals will be provided by the USL.
At minimum, players, and staff members who are in close contact with players, will be given a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) diagnostic test for COVID-19 every week.
In addition, players and staff members who work with players will be quarantined and given additional PCR tests if they are symptomatic or if they have been in close contact for a prolonged period with a diagnosed or suspected case of COVID-19.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 17, 2020
- USL Statement: COVID-19 Test Results - September 17, 2020 - USL
- North Carolina FC to Play Charlotte Independence on 919 Soccer Saturday - North Carolina FC
- Match Preview- Tampa Bay Rowdies at Atlanta United 2 - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Memphis 901 FC "Equality 4 All" Jersey up for Auction - Memphis 901 FC
- Two Austin Bold FC Matches Rescheduled - Austin Bold FC
- San Antonio FC Schedule Update - San Antonio FC
- FC Tulsa's Saturday Road Match at Rio Grande Valley FC Postponed - FC Tulsa
- Toros Release Updated Schedule - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Bijev's Sensational Strike Wins Goal of the Week - Sacramento Republic FC
- Preview: Riverhounds SC at Loudoun United FC - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Charlotte Independence Releases Seating Options for American Legion Memorial Stadium - Charlotte Independence
- Soccer Holdings' Speaker Series Launches with 'Race in Sports' Theme - Louisville City FC
- School Supply Drive Exceeds Expectations - Sacramento Republic FC
- Austin Bold FC Fall 3-2 to San Antonio FC in Five-Goal Thriller - Austin Bold FC
- San Antonio FC Clinches 2020 Playoff Spot with 3-2 Win over Austin - San Antonio FC
- Real Monarchs Fall 2-1 to Portland Timbers 2 - Real Monarchs SLC
- Switchbacks FC Drop 2-1 Result to El Paso - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.