Preview: Nashville SC Takes the Pitch at Nissan Stadium against Indy Eleven on Saturday
NASHVILLE - Nashville Soccer Club's biggest match of the season is here, as the Boys in Gold will take on Indy Eleven at Nissan Stadium, the club's future temporary MLS home. Nashville will be looking to make a jump up the standings in the Eastern Conference against a strong Indy Eleven side that currently sits five points ahead of Nashville.
How to Follow:
Local TV Broadcast: MyTV30 with John Freeman, Ronnie Woodard and Paris Lawson English Radio Broadcast: ESPN 94.9 Game 2 with Wes Boling and Eddie Carvacho Spanish Radio Broadcast: El Jefe 96.7 with Alexis Martinez and Manfred Villalobos Digital Stream: ESPN+ Social Media: @NashvilleSC on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Last Time Out
Nashville SC went on the road and took down Memphis 901 FC 2-0 last Wednesday night. Newly-acquired defender Jimmy Ockford got the scoring started late in the first half with a flying tap-in off of a set piece. Forward Daniel Ríos continued his run for the Golden Boot with a second-half laser to put the match out of reach for Memphis. The win completed a season sweep of the new in-state rival to the West.
Scouting Indy Eleven
Indy Eleven has been one of the USL Championship's most consistent sides this season, sitting in third place in the Eastern Conference. It has failed to earn a result in just three matches this season, all of which were on the road and all but one came against current playoff teams. When Indy and Nashville last met up on May 25 in Indianapolis, Nashville managed to earn a 0-0 draw. Tucker Hume had a golden chance to earn a goal in the first half, but his shot was knocked away by goalkeeper Evan Newton. Indy's leading scorer is Tyler Pasher, who has eight goals in 17 appearances and has three goals in his last four appearances.
Storylines to Watch
Bright Lights, Bigger Stadium Nashville SC will return to play at Nissan Stadium for the first time this season. The club played two matches there last season: the season opener vs. Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC and a midseason clash with FC Cincinnati. Nissan Stadium will be the club's temporary home in MLS for the 2020 and 2021 seasons, so this is a great chance for fans to preview Nashville SC in its first MLS home stadium.
Lasso in the Back For the second consecutive week, Nashville SC has acquired a new defender to bolster the back line. This time, it's Forrest Lasso, who was brought in on loan from FC Cincinnati for the remainder of the season. He is available and could make his Nashville SC debut this Saturday against Indy. This comes just over a week after Jimmy Ockford scored in his Nashville debut vs. Memphis 901 FC after being acquired on short-term loan.
High-Octane Offense Last season, both of Nashville SC's matches at Nissan Stadium ended in 0-0 draws. This season, that trend may not continue. Both Nashville and Indy are two of the top sides in the Eastern Conference in scoring. Nashville SC is second in the conference in goals with 33, while Indy isn't far behind with 28 goals. Expect a high-flying battle between two of the strongest offenses in the league.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from July 25, 2019
- Match Preview vs. RGV FC Toros - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Republic FC Academy Forward Rafael Jauregui Called Up to U.S. Under-15 Boys' National Team - Sacramento Republic FC
- Preview: Nashville SC Takes the Pitch at Nissan Stadium against Indy Eleven on Saturday - Nashville SC
- OCSC Host Sacramento Republic for Second Annual Beerfest - Orange County SC
- North Carolina FC Returns Home to Face Atlanta United 2 on Saturday - North Carolina FC
- STLFC Signs Academy Player Nikiphoros Vlastos to Professional Contract - Saint Louis FC
- Match Preview: #NYvTBR - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Foxes Sign Former U-23s Midfielder Suleiman Samura - Fresno FC
- Championship Look Ahead - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Orange County Gets Hot to Stop Reno 1868 - Orange County SC
- Hackworth Focused on Early Intensity - Louisville City FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Continues Development of Youth Soccer in the Borderland Region - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Guenzatti Named to Championship Team of the Week - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Indy Eleven Becomes First Professional Soccer Club to Partner with Learfield IMG College Ticket Solutions - Indy Eleven
- Nashville SC Acquires Forrest Lasso on Loan from FC Cincinnati - Nashville SC
- Late wonder goal undoes Republic FC's second-half comeback - Sacramento Republic FC
- Tacoma Defiance Earns 4-1 Home Victory over Las Vegas Lights FC - Tacoma Defiance
- Lights FC Lose Tough Road Battle at Tacoma - Las Vegas Lights FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville SC Stories
- Randall Leal Called up to Costa Rica National Team for November CONCACAF Nations League Matches
- Doolsta Excited to Compete in First International FIFA 20 Competition of the Season
- Pickens, Tribbett, Davis Named to USL Championship All-Opta First Team
- Samuel Abraham Crowned Champion of Tennessee EA Sports FIFA 20 Challenge
- Nashville SC to Auction 2019 Branded Stadium Signage with All Proceeds Going to Vanderbilt Children's Hospital