Republic FC Academy Forward Rafael Jauregui Called Up to U.S. Under-15 Boys' National Team
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Sacramento Republic FC Academy forward Rafael Jauregui has been called up to the U.S. Under-15 Boys' National Team (BNT), the club announced today. Jauregui will represent the U.S. as they compete in the 2019 Concacaf U-15 Boys' Championship at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla. from Aug. 4-11.
A native of Rancho Cordova, Jauregui currently plays in Republic FC's U-15 Academy team and is the fourth player from the club's academy to be called up to a U.S. Youth National Team program this year. The 14-year-old forward, who was also called up to the U-15 BNT last year, recently featured in Republic FC's international friendly against Club America U-20 that saw them defeat their Mexican rivals 2-0.
This will be the second time the U.S. U-15 Boys' National Team plays in the Concacaf U-15 Championship following the 2017 edition where they finished second. Drawn into Group B, the U.S. will face Haiti on Aug. 4 at 9 a.m., Guatemala on Aug. 5 at 9 a.m. and Suriname on Aug. 7 at 11 a.m. in the group stage. The U.S.'s games will be streamed by Concacaf and will be open to the public.
More information on the tournament, along with the full U.S. U-15 BNT roster, is available via U.S. Soccer's official press release.
Republic FC are on the road this week as they take on Orange County SC on Saturday, July 27. Kickoff is at 7 p.m. and the match will be broadcast live on KQCA My 58, Estrella TV Sacramento and ESPN+.
Images from this story
Sacramento Republic FC Academy forward Rafael Jauregui
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from July 25, 2019
- Match Preview vs. RGV FC Toros - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Republic FC Academy Forward Rafael Jauregui Called Up to U.S. Under-15 Boys' National Team - Sacramento Republic FC
- Preview: Nashville SC Takes the Pitch at Nissan Stadium against Indy Eleven on Saturday - Nashville SC
- OCSC Host Sacramento Republic for Second Annual Beerfest - Orange County SC
- North Carolina FC Returns Home to Face Atlanta United 2 on Saturday - North Carolina FC
- STLFC Signs Academy Player Nikiphoros Vlastos to Professional Contract - Saint Louis FC
- Match Preview: #NYvTBR - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Foxes Sign Former U-23s Midfielder Suleiman Samura - Fresno FC
- Championship Look Ahead - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Orange County Gets Hot to Stop Reno 1868 - Orange County SC
- Hackworth Focused on Early Intensity - Louisville City FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Continues Development of Youth Soccer in the Borderland Region - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Guenzatti Named to Championship Team of the Week - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Indy Eleven Becomes First Professional Soccer Club to Partner with Learfield IMG College Ticket Solutions - Indy Eleven
- Nashville SC Acquires Forrest Lasso on Loan from FC Cincinnati - Nashville SC
- Late wonder goal undoes Republic FC's second-half comeback - Sacramento Republic FC
- Tacoma Defiance Earns 4-1 Home Victory over Las Vegas Lights FC - Tacoma Defiance
- Lights FC Lose Tough Road Battle at Tacoma - Las Vegas Lights FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.