Predators Cap off Active Week with the Addition of Two More to Roster
ORLANDO, FL - The Orlando Predators continued to be active on Friday, as the team has announced that they've acquired defensive lineman Ko Quaye from the Philadelphia Soul fulfilling its future considerations obligation from a previous trade. The team was also assigned wide receiver Khalil Paden in a separate transaction.
Ko Quaye (6-1, 305, South Dakota) was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Jacksonville Jaguars following the 2010 NFL Draft. The South Dakota product was waived from the Jaguars practice squad a few weeks into the season, but found a home on the Cleveland Browns roster later in the year. Quaye then had a brief stint with the CFL's Edmonton Eskimos before being assigned to the AFL's Chicago Rush. The Rush then traded the defensive lineman to the Philadelphia Soul where he saw action in 15 games. Quaye recorded 1.5 sacks during his lone season in Philadelphia.
Khalil Paden (6-1, 180, Northern Arizona) led Northern Arizona University with 61 receptions for 991 yards and eight touchdowns as a senior in 2011. The wide receiver was also an All-Big Sky honorable mention selection, and he ranked fifth in both receptions and receiving yards per game in the Big Sky conference. Following college, Paden had a tryout with the National Football League's Arizona Cardinals in 2011 and was signed by the CFL's Calgary Stampeders in June of 2013.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from February 7, 2014
- Thunder Bring Speed to Defense - Portland Thunder
- Jasper Headed to CFL, Russolino in for VooDoo - New Orleans VooDoo
- Sharks Add Rookies Bodenheimer, Turner - Jacksonville Sharks
- Predators Cap off Active Week with the Addition of Two More to Roster - Orlando Predators
- Soul 2014 Single-Game Tickets on Sale Now - Philadelphia Soul
- LA Kiss to Launch New Docu-Series with AMC - Los Angeles KISS
- AMC Orders Unscripted Series Focused On Inaugural Season of LA KISS - Los Angeles KISS
- Pittsburgh Power Adds New Co-Owmer, Trib Total Media - Pittsburgh Power
- Barnstormers to Compete in "AFLympics" - Iowa Barnstormers
- AFL Teams to Compete in "AFLympics" - AFL
- SaberCats Acquire DL Paul Griffin from Tampa Bay - San Jose SaberCats
- Storm Acquires Defensive Lineman Jammie Kirlew - Tampa Bay Storm
- New Orleans Arena Now the Smoothie King Center - New Orleans VooDoo
- Sharks to Hold Free Preseason Scrimmage on March 2 - Jacksonville Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.