Storm Acquires Defensive Lineman Jammie Kirlew
TAMPA BAY - The Tampa Bay Storm acquired defensive lineman Jammie Kirlew, announced vice president of football operations Jeff Gooch.
"Jammie brings a lot of professional experience to the Storm," said Gooch. "It is our hope that his past experience in the National Football League and Canadian Football League will raise the level of competition as we head into camp."
Kirlew (6-foot-2, 260 lbs., Indiana) enters his first season in the Arena Football League with the Tampa Bay Storm. He began his professional career when he was selected by the Denver Broncos in the seventh round (232nd pick) of the 2010 National Football League Entry Draft. He also spent time with the Jacksonville Jaguars (NFL), Buffalo Bills (NFL) and Saskatchewan Roughriders (CFL).
Prior to turning pro, Kirlew played four seasons at Indiana University, starting in 41-of-48 games. In four seasons at Indiana he tallied 220 total tackles, 52.5 tackles for loss, 23 sacks, nine forced fumbles and six fumble recoveries. The two-time All-Big Ten selection finished out his Hoosier career third all-time in sacks and second all-time in tackles for loss.
The team has traded defensive lineman Paul Griffin to the San Jose SaberCats, fulfilling its future considerations obligation from an earlier trade.
The Five-Time World Champion Tampa Bay Storm enters its 27th season in the Arena Football League. The 2014 season kicks off on Amalie Motor Oil Field at the Tampa Bay Times Forum on Friday, March 14 at 7:30 PM versus South Division rival New Orleans VooDoo. For more specific details regarding single-game pricing and availability, please contact the Storm ticket office at 813.301.6600 or visit www.tampabaystorm.com. Season tickets can be purchased by visiting TampaBayStorm.com or by calling 813.301.6600. For group sales fans can contact 813.301.6900. Additionally fans and sponsors can follow the Storm on Facebook (Tampa Bay Storm) or Twitter (@tampabaystorm) for up to date news and exclusive content.
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from February 7, 2014
- Thunder Bring Speed to Defense - Portland Thunder
- Jasper Headed to CFL, Russolino in for VooDoo - New Orleans VooDoo
- Sharks Add Rookies Bodenheimer, Turner - Jacksonville Sharks
- Predators Cap off Active Week with the Addition of Two More to Roster - Orlando Predators
- Soul 2014 Single-Game Tickets on Sale Now - Philadelphia Soul
- LA Kiss to Launch New Docu-Series with AMC - Los Angeles KISS
- AMC Orders Unscripted Series Focused On Inaugural Season of LA KISS - Los Angeles KISS
- Pittsburgh Power Adds New Co-Owmer, Trib Total Media - Pittsburgh Power
- Barnstormers to Compete in "AFLympics" - Iowa Barnstormers
- AFL Teams to Compete in "AFLympics" - AFL
- SaberCats Acquire DL Paul Griffin from Tampa Bay - San Jose SaberCats
- Storm Acquires Defensive Lineman Jammie Kirlew - Tampa Bay Storm
- New Orleans Arena Now the Smoothie King Center - New Orleans VooDoo
- Sharks to Hold Free Preseason Scrimmage on March 2 - Jacksonville Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tampa Bay Storm Stories
- Tampa Bay Storm to Suspend Operations, Effective Immediately
- 2018 TAMPA BAY Storm Cheerleader PREP CLASS
- ALBANY AFL NAMES LES MOSS AS ASSISTANT HEAD COACH
- ALBANY AFL ANNOUNCES OPEN HOUSE EVENT AT TIMES UNION CENTER
- AFL Albany AFL Names Chris Thompson Director of Football