Powell and Law Named to West Division All-Star Team
Team Captain Casey Powell and fellow Storm forward, Michael Law, will represent the Anaheim Storm at the 2004 National Lacrosse League All-Star game. The two were named as reserves to the West Division team.
Powell, leads the Storm in both assists (15) and points (22) in four games played. Powell is also tied for second in goals with seven for the Storm. Powell is also second on the team with 25 loose balls.
Law, is second on the Storm with seven assists in four games played. Law is also fourth in goals and points for the Storm with six goals and 13 points. Law has also scooped up 21 loose balls this season. Law is a Denver native and will play in his hometown at the All-Star game. West Division Coach Jamie Batley said, "he can play both ends and help us win."
The game will feature the All-Stars of the East Division against the All-Stars of West Division on Sunday, February 22 at Pepsi Center in Denver, home of the Colorado Mammoth. The reserves are chosen by the coaches of each All-Star team. The starting Forwards are Gavin Prout (Colorado), Gary Gait (Colorado) and Tracey Kelusky (Calgary). A complete list of players is available on www.nll.com.
The Anaheim Storm (0-4) play the Buffalo Bandits in their first road game this Saturday, February 14th. They will return to the Arrowhead Pond after the All-Star game on Friday, February 27th. Tickets are on sale now for all home games. For more information on the Anaheim Storm, visit www.anaheimstorm.com.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from February 10, 2004
- Powell and Law Named to West Division All-Star Team - Anaheim Storm
- Two Mammoth players added to Western Division All-Star team - Colorado Mammoth
- NLL Announces All-Star West Division reserves - NLL
- Cam Woods and Josh Sanderson Western Division All-Stars - San Jose Stealth
- More Roughnecks named to all star squad - Calgary Roughnecks
- Rock Trade Kim Squire - Toronto Rock
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.