Portland Trail Blazers Assign Jake Layman to Windy City Bulls
HOFFMAN ESTATES, IL - The Windy City Bulls, presented by BMO Harris Bank, the NBA Development League affiliate of the Chicago Bulls, have announced that forward Jake Layman has been assigned to the team by the Portland Trail Blazers.
Layman (6'9/210/Maryland) has appeared in 23 games for the Trail Blazers this season averaging 2.3 points in 6.3 minutes per game. He was the 47th overall pick in the 2016 NBA Draft.
The move is being made by the Trail Blazers via the NBA's flexible assignment rule that allows organizations who do not have a single affiliation with an NBA Development League team the opportunity to assign its players to any affiliate team.
The Bulls return home for back-to-back games at the Sears Centre on Friday and Saturday. Both games will tip-off at 7 PM. For ticket and game information, visit WindyCityBulls.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 24, 2017
- Portland Trail Blazers Assign Jake Layman to Windy City Bulls - Windy City Bulls
- NBA Veteran Ryan Kelly Joins Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Texas Legends Host Military Night Presented by Swypit.Com, Benefiting - Texas Legends
- Kings Assign Papagiannis to Reno Bighorns - Reno Bighorns
- Legends Acquire Ben Gordon - Texas Legends
- Memphis Grizzlies Purchase NBA Development League Team - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Windy City Bulls Stories
- Windy City Struggles Down the Strecth, Falls 104-93 to Grand Rapids
- Windy City Falls 121-120 to Memphis in a Double Overtime Thriller
- Arcidiacono Scores Season-High 31 Points, But Windy City Falls to Westchester 103-97
- Arcidiacono Scores Career-High 29 Points, Windy City Wins Sixth Straight
- Windy City Sets New Franchise-High with Fifth Straight Win, Beats Greensboro 105-99