NBA Veteran Ryan Kelly Joins Red Claws
PORTLAND, Maine- The Maine Red Claws, presented by Unum, announced today that Ryan Kelly has returned to the NBA Development League, re-joining Maine, which held its rights. Kelly is expected to be in uniform tomorrow for Maine's game at Canton.
Kelly was named an affiliate player for the Red Claws at the start of the 2016-17 season, but earned a GATORADE Call-Up to the Atlanta Hawks before the start of training camp. Kelly played in 9 games for the Hawks this season, before getting waived on Jan. 6.
A four-year standout at Duke, Kelly was a 2nd Round (48th Overall) selection by the Los Angeles Lakers in the 2013 NBA Draft. He played 147 games for the Lakers over three seasons, including 59 starts. In all, Kelly has lifetime averages of 6.2 points and 3.2 rebounds per game in the NBA.
Kelly has also played in 13 games in the D-League, all on assignment for the Los Angeles D-Fenders. He has career D-League averages of 26.5 points and 7.2 rebounds per game.
The Maine Red Claws, presented by Unum, travel to Canton Wednesday, then return to the Portland Expo for two games against Greensboro Friday and Saturday, January 27-28. Both games are scheduled for 7 p.m. Tickets are on sale and can be purchased by calling 207-210-6655 or visiting MaineRedClaws.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 24, 2017
- Portland Trail Blazers Assign Jake Layman to Windy City Bulls - Windy City Bulls
- NBA Veteran Ryan Kelly Joins Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Texas Legends Host Military Night Presented by Swypit.Com, Benefiting - Texas Legends
- Kings Assign Papagiannis to Reno Bighorns - Reno Bighorns
- Legends Acquire Ben Gordon - Texas Legends
- Memphis Grizzlies Purchase NBA Development League Team - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.