Legends Acquire Ben Gordon
FRISCO, TX (Jan. 24, 2017)--The Texas Legends announced today that they have acquired guard Ben Gordon off waivers.
Gordon (6-3, 200, Connecticut) has 11 years of NBA experience, most recently playing 56 games with the Orlando Magic in 2014-15 averaging 6.2 points, 1.1 rebounds in 14.1 minutes per game. Gordon was selected by the Chicago Bulls with the third overall pick in the 2004 NBA Draft, making him the highest drafted player in Legends franchise history. As a rookie, Gordon played in 82 games averaging 15.1 points, 2.6 rebounds, and 2.0 assists to earn All-Rookie First Team, Sixth Man of the Year, and Rookie of the Month (three times).
After five seasons with the Bulls, Gordon played with the Detroit Pistons and Charlotte Bobcats before landing in Orlando. In 744 career NBA games, he has averaged 14.9 points, 2.5 rebounds, and 2.5 assists and has been named NBA Player of the Week four times.
Gordon is expected to be available when the team hosts the Austin Spurs Friday at 7:30pm CT. The game will be broadcast live on Fox Sports Southwest.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 24, 2017
- Portland Trail Blazers Assign Jake Layman to Windy City Bulls - Windy City Bulls
- NBA Veteran Ryan Kelly Joins Red Claws - Maine Red Claws
- Texas Legends Host Military Night Presented by Swypit.Com, Benefiting - Texas Legends
- Kings Assign Papagiannis to Reno Bighorns - Reno Bighorns
- Legends Acquire Ben Gordon - Texas Legends
- Memphis Grizzlies Purchase NBA Development League Team - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Legends Stories
- Warney, Motley Named to All-NBA G League Teams
- Texas Legends Summer Camps Open for Registration
- Warney Wraps up 2017-18 Season with Another Double-Double
- Legends Face Rio Grande Valley in Round 1 of Playoffs this Friday
- Legends End Regular Season with Win over Memphis