Pitchers Duel Ends on Hall's Homer
Grand Prairie- Grand Prairie and the Amarillo Sox had a pitcher's duel that needed extras to finish with the AirHogs prevailing 1-0 on a Frazier Hall walk-off home run Thursday night at QuikTrip Park. The AirHogs had a lot of opportunities but could not bring a runner across until the 10th inning. Frazier Hall had a walk-off solo shot to give the AirHogs their fourth straight win and took the opener in the four-game series against Amarillo. Hall was 0-for-2 coming into that at-bat in the bottom of the 10th inning and he took the pitch over the right field wall. This was Hall's second home run of the season and his 12th RBI. Ryan Pineda also went 2-for-4 in the game. Juan Richardson went 1-for-2 and had a walk that almost set up a winning rally in the bottom of the eighth but couldn't find a way to come across home.
Pitching a complete game (10 innings) was winning pitcher Josh Strawn who is now 4-1 on the season. Strawn gave up four hits over 10 innings and struck out three batters. Jason Johnson pitched eight innings for the Sox and gave up no runs. He left with a no decision. Both pitchers seemed to go punch for punch in the game, but Strawn came out victorious.
Amarillo and Grand Prairie will meet again for Game 2 Friday night starting at 7:05 P.M. at QuikTrip Park. The AirHogs (17-15) will go for their fifth straight win Friday night.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 20, 2013
- Babineau's Blast Powers RailCats to 10-4 Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Road Woes Continue for Saints, Lose 10-4 to RailCats - St. Paul Saints
- Wingnuts Take Series Opener in Sioux City - Wichita Wingnuts
- Pitchers Duel Ends on Hall's Homer - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- 'Dogs and Goldeyes Postponed Thursday - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Goldeyes and Saltdogs Thwarted by Rain - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Diablos Drop Two Against Amarillo, with Last Game Postponed - El Paso Diablos
- Graham Gone to Mexico, Fish Sign Coles - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Diablos Announce Upcoming Promotions - El Paso Diablos
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - June 20th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saltdogs Host Totally Rad 80's Run - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Fur Circus to appear at Boys and Girls Club in Gary - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Canaries Swept in Laredo - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Lemurs Sweep the Canaries - Laredo Lemurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs