Pioneers Honor Military
Wilkes-Barre, PA- This Friday, May 27th will be Military Appreciation night with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers at their fifth home game of the 2005 season. Military Appreciation festivities begin during pre-game; doors will be opening at 6:30 pm. with the game to follow at 7:30 pm.
Last season, the Pioneers organization staged a Camp-out to Sell-out to benefit the Sherwood Baker Memorial Fund. The outreach was featured on ESPN2s Cold Pizza and won the Pioneers the af2 Community Relations Award.
To continue in the giving tradition, the Pioneers would like to offer a Buy One, Get One Free offer to all military personnel and veterans. All interested military personnel must present a valid military ID at the Wachovia Arena box office upon purchasing their ticket. They will then be given a complimentary ticket of equal value. Seat location and availability are on a first come, first serve basis.
There will a ceremony during pre-game in recognition of several branches of the Armed Services. During halftime, the U.S. Army will hold a swearing in ceremony for new recruits as well as a cake cutting ceremony in celebration of the anniversary of the United States Army. Local recording artists the Collective will be performing before the game and during halftime. Soft USA Footballs will be presented to the first 1,000 fans to enter the arena.
Anyone interested in purchasing tickets for the Pioneers should contact the teams ticket sales office at either (570) 270-5811 or (570) 270-5813. The Pioneers will be back at home Saturday, June 11th at 7:30 pm.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from May 25, 2005
- Costanza's Conquest face the Fire - Albany Firebirds
- Week nine af2 quick hitters - af2
- New Polls Out, Xplorers # 1 - Memphis Xplorers
- Coyote QB hits the big screen - Central Valley Coyotes
- The Fire Wire - Louisville Fire
- Pioneers Honor Military - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers
- Xplorers seize number one ranking - af2
- Joe Gottschalk, Iowa National Guard solider, to appear at Wheelers game this weekend - Quad City Steamwheelers
- Riptide-Coyotes Preview - San Diego Riptide
- Halfway mark give Wings time to ponder - Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings
- Pioneers Look to Tame Wolves - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.