Pilots Defeat Red Wings for First Win of 2018
The bats came alive for the Newark Pilots as they tallied 15 hits in a 12-2 win over the Geneva Red Wings. Allen Murphy captured the win in his first start on the mound, allowing 1 ER in 4.2 IP
It was the catcher Alexander Hernandez who led the Pilots offensive attack, knocking in 5 RBI's on 3 hits. Newark's very own Ben Cowles was also strong for the Pilots, driving in 3 runs on 2 hits.
The Pilots jumped in front early in this one and never looked back. After 4 innings, the Pilots led 5-0 before the Red Wings would get one back in the top half of the 5th.
Scoring runs in 6 out of the 8 innings, Newark never allowed Geneva a chance to get back into the ball game. It was only on tuesday that we saw the Pilots squander a 5-0 lead to the Red Wings, going on to lose 6-5 in 10 innings. It was a different story tonight however as the Pilots got a steady mix of strong batting and pitching.
The Pilots take to the road for their next 4 games, starting tomorrow with a double header with the Elmira Pioneers @ Dunn Field.
• Discuss this story on the Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League message board...
Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League Stories from June 8, 2018
- Mohawks shut out Dutchmen, 2-0 at Shuttleworth - Amsterdam Mohawks
- Dragons Fall in 10 - Glens Falls Dragons
- Pilots Defeat Red Wings for First Win of 2018 - Newark Pilots
- Amsterdam Mohawks Defeat Albany Dutchmen, 2-0, in PGCBL Matchup - Albany Dutchmen
- Diamond Dawgs Defeat Reds, 7-1 in Exhibition Matchup - Mohawk Valley DiamondDawgs
- 38 PGCBL Alumni Selected in 2018 MLB Draft - PGCBL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.