Phoenix Rising FC Improves to 11-0-0 on $1 Beer Night Following 5-0 Win
Phoenix Rising FC continued its $1 Beer Night dominance following a 5-0 drubbing of Tulsa Roughnecks FC in front of a sellout crowd of 6,708 fans. The win improved the club's $1 Beer Night record to 11-0-0 and the club notched its 10th consecutive sellout at Casino Arizona Field during regular season and postseason play.
Less than 15 minutes into the match, forward Adam Jahn brought the crowd to its feet with a highlight-reel goal. Midfielder James Musa collected a pass out of the back from goalkeeper Zac Lubin. He then sent a diagonal ball nearly 60 yards to Jahn, who kicked it up and over the goalkeeper directly off the pass to make it 1-0 in the 13th minute.
Jahn then went from scoring a goal to providing the assist on one in the 25th minute. After racing in behind the defense and into space down the right flank, Jahn sent a rolling cross to a racing Junior Flemmings who only had to pass the ball into the back of the net from right in front of the goal mouth to make it 2-0.
Rising FC's third goal was less dramatic, After Flemmings earned a penalty, captain Solomon Asante stepped to the spot and calmly converted his penalty to give the club a 3-0 lead in the 41st minute.
In the second half, Phoenix Rising continued to pour it on. In an eerily similar buildup to the first goal of the night, Asante sent a long-distance diagonal from his own half to a sprinting Flemmings. The forward brought the pass down with a touch, rushed into the box, and slickly slid the ball between the goalkeeper's legs to make it 4-0 in the 65th minute.
FC Tucson loanee Andrew Wheeler scored the final goal in the 71st minute, a long-distance shot from several yards outside of the 18-yard box. His goal broke a club record for most goals scored in a single match at Casino Arizona Field.
Phoenix Rising FC returns to Casino Arizona Field on Saturday, June 15, in a showdown with rival Orange County SC. The first 2,000 fans who arrive will receive a PRFC bath towel. Gates open at 6 p.m. and the match will kickoff at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are available at PHXRisingFC.com.
PHOENIX RISING FC 5-0 TULSA ROUGHNECKS FC
PHX: 13' 9-Adam Jahn (41-James Musa)
PHX: 25' 7-Junior Flemmings (9-Adam Jahn)
PHX: 41' 20-Solomon Asante (PK)
PHX: 65' 7-Junior Flemmings (20-Solomon Asante)
PHX: 71', 35-Andrew Wheeler (20-Solomon Asante)
TUL: 40' 15-Mallan Roberts (caution)
Starting XI: 28-Zac Lubin; 13-Amadou Dia, 2-Doueugui Mala, 15-Joey Farrell, 24-Mustapha Dumbuya; 19-Jose Aguinaga (69', 35-Andrew Wheeler), 41-James Musa, 10-Jon Bakero; 7-Junior Flemmings (74', 21-Joey Calistri), 9-Adam Jahn (84', 22-Ben Spencer), 20-Solomon Asante
Subs not used: 1-Carl Woszczynski; 8-Collin Fernandez, 16-Austin Ledbetter, 32-Kyle Bjornethun
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from June 8, 2019
- United feels the sting of their first home loss in history - New Mexico United
- Kiesewetter Strikes Again, Team Leading 9th Goal in Six Matches Paces Locomotive to 3-0 Victory - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Indy Eleven Extends Undefeated Streak to Six After 3-0 Win at Memphis 901 FC - Indy Eleven
- Small's Brace Not Enough for Toros against Monarchs - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Real Monarchs SLC Claims 5-3 Victory over Rio Grande Valley FC - Real Monarchs SLC
- Cameron Iwasa's brace helps Republic FC hand United their first home loss of the season - Sacramento Republic FC
- T2 Earn Road Point in 2-2 Draw against Austin Bold FC Saturday Night - Portland Timbers 2
- Switchbacks FC Earn Emphatic 3-0 Victory for Second Consecutive Win - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Memphis 901 FC Falls to Indy Eleven Saturday Night - Memphis 901 FC
- San Antonio FC Rallies at Home to Defeat Reno 1868 FC 3-2 - San Antonio FC
- Hounds Tie Ottawa, 2-2 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Legion FC Falls at Charleston Battery - Birmingham Legion FC
- Tacoma Defiance Loses 3-0 at Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC - Tacoma Defiance
- Reno 1868 FC Can't Hold Lead, Fall 3-2 to San Antonio FC - Reno 1868 FC
- Bosua Leads Battery to Win over Birmingham - Charleston Battery
- North Carolina FC Hands League-Leading Tampa Bay First Loss of Season - North Carolina FC
- Loudoun United Fall to Louisville City, 2-1 - Loudoun United FC
- STLFC Falls 2-1 Away to Hartford Athletic - Saint Louis FC
- Fresno FC vs. OKC Energy FC Match Preview - Fresno FC
- Fury FC Continues on Unbeaten Run with 2-2 Draw in Pittsburgh - Ottawa Fury FC
- Independence Draw Rangers Among Controversy - Charlotte Independence
- Gameday: Rowdies Host North Carolina - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Nashville SC Looking Inward Ahead of Return to Action against Bethlehem Steel FC - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: Bethlehem Steel FC Hosts Nashville SC at McCarthy Stadium - Philadelphia Union II
- Phoenix Rising FC Improves to 11-0-0 on $1 Beer Night Following 5-0 Win - Phoenix Rising FC
- Roughnecks Lose 0-5 to Phoenix Rising - FC Tulsa
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Phoenix Rising FC Stories
- Rising Releases Full Schedule for Resumption of 2020 Season
- Phoenix Rising and the USL Championship to Become First Professional American Sports League to Return to Play in Its Local Markets
- USL Championship to Allow Five Substitutions for 2020 Season
- Phoenix Rising FC to Return to Full-Contact Training this Week
- Forward Alex Krzykos Becomes the Fifth Academy Player to Sign with Phoenix Rising FC