Fresno FC vs. OKC Energy FC Match Preview
FRESNO, Calif. - Los Zorros return to Chukchansi Park for the first time in three weeks, playing host to OKC Energy FC as they look to bounce back in the Western Conference race after dropping their first road match in Week 13 at Colorado Springs.
Fresno will look to rely on its defense that has conceded a conference-low 12 goals against an OKC side that is unbeaten in its last four matches. Leading the way for the Energy is Alexy Bosetti, with a team-best 30 chances created that also ranks fourth in the West. Scoring the brunt of those chances is forward Deshorn Brown, whose 7 goals lead the club and are tied for sixth-most in the entire USL. Defensively, OKC has goalkeeper Cody Laurendi between its posts, where he has made a USL-high 47 saves (74.6 percent success rate).
It'll be a battle of two Western Conference contenders with both clubs holding 20 points, with fifth-place Fresno holding two games in hand over seventh-place OKC. Leading Los Zorros is Juan Pablo Caffa with a team-high 24 chances created and Arun Basuljevic (18 chances created).
Leading scorer Qudus Lawal (four goals in USL Championship) returns to the lineup after missing last week's match on family leave. Out of the fold will be forward Christian Chaney (ankle), assists leader Jackson (hamstring) and left back Alex Cooper (hamstring), due to injury.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from June 8, 2019
- United feels the sting of their first home loss in history - New Mexico United
- Kiesewetter Strikes Again, Team Leading 9th Goal in Six Matches Paces Locomotive to 3-0 Victory - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Indy Eleven Extends Undefeated Streak to Six After 3-0 Win at Memphis 901 FC - Indy Eleven
- Small's Brace Not Enough for Toros against Monarchs - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Real Monarchs SLC Claims 5-3 Victory over Rio Grande Valley FC - Real Monarchs SLC
- Cameron Iwasa's brace helps Republic FC hand United their first home loss of the season - Sacramento Republic FC
- T2 Earn Road Point in 2-2 Draw against Austin Bold FC Saturday Night - Portland Timbers 2
- Switchbacks FC Earn Emphatic 3-0 Victory for Second Consecutive Win - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Memphis 901 FC Falls to Indy Eleven Saturday Night - Memphis 901 FC
- San Antonio FC Rallies at Home to Defeat Reno 1868 FC 3-2 - San Antonio FC
- Hounds Tie Ottawa, 2-2 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Legion FC Falls at Charleston Battery - Birmingham Legion FC
- Tacoma Defiance Loses 3-0 at Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC - Tacoma Defiance
- Reno 1868 FC Can't Hold Lead, Fall 3-2 to San Antonio FC - Reno 1868 FC
- Bosua Leads Battery to Win over Birmingham - Charleston Battery
- North Carolina FC Hands League-Leading Tampa Bay First Loss of Season - North Carolina FC
- Loudoun United Fall to Louisville City, 2-1 - Loudoun United
- STLFC Falls 2-1 Away to Hartford Athletic - Saint Louis FC
- Fresno FC vs. OKC Energy FC Match Preview - Fresno FC
- Fury FC Continues on Unbeaten Run with 2-2 Draw in Pittsburgh - Ottawa Fury FC
- Independence Draw Rangers Among Controversy - Charlotte Independence
- Gameday: Rowdies Host North Carolina - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Nashville SC Looking Inward Ahead of Return to Action against Bethlehem Steel FC - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: Bethlehem Steel FC Hosts Nashville SC at McCarthy Stadium - Philadelphia Union II
- Phoenix Rising FC Improves to 11-0-0 on $1 Beer Night Following 5-0 Win - Phoenix Rising FC
- Roughnecks Lose 0-5 to Phoenix Rising - FC Tulsa
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fresno FC Stories
- Fresno Football Club Issues Official Statement
- No. 3 Fresno FC vs. No. 6 El Paso Locomotive FC Playoff Preview
- Nine-Man Foxes Side Falls at Orange County to End Regular Season
- Zorros Draw 2-2 with La Galaxy II on Stand up 2 Cancer Night
- Fresno FC vs. LA Galaxy II Preview