Phoenix Mercury to Release Limited-Edition T-Shirt Designed by Sophie Cunningham
PHOENIX - The Phoenix Mercury is launching a limited-edition t-shirt designed by guard Sophie Cunningham. The tee marks the Mercury's first apparel piece of the Valley Threads collection, a program introduced by the Phoenix Suns in 2022 that allows athletes to express their creative side by designing custom merchandise.
Fans can purchase the exclusive tee at the Team Shop at Footprint Center, beginning Tuesday, Sept. 5 while supplies last.
The shirt's creative elements represent her "Spicy Sophie" nickname, home state of Missouri, three-point celebration and favorite WNBA mascot, Scorch.
Cunningham and her infectious energy on and off the court has been a favorite among the X-Factor fan base since she joined the Mercury in 2019. A portion of proceeds from each sale will support youth wellness and basketball programs throughout the Valley - a cause chosen by Sophie Cunningham.
Fans can learn more about the story behind the shirt at phxmerc.com/valleythreads.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 1, 2023
- Three Fever Double-Doubles Not Enough on Friday Night Against Dallas - Indiana Fever
- Liberty Crush Sun in Resounding Victory - New York Liberty
- Wings top Fever - Dallas Wings
- Sun Fall to Liberty, 89-58 - Connecticut Sun
- Phoenix Mercury to Release Limited-Edition T-Shirt Designed by Sophie Cunningham - Phoenix Mercury
- Kayla Thornton Signs Multi-Year Extension with New York Liberty - New York Liberty
- Storm Defense Stands Strong in 72-61 Win at Los Angeles - Seattle Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Phoenix Mercury Stories
- Phoenix Mercury Name Nate Tibbetts Head Coach
- Phoenix Suns and Phoenix Mercury Announce $100 Million Investment to Develop New Team Member Campus and State-Of-The-Art Practice Facility for the Mercury
- Mercury Finish #2 in Attendance for the 2023 WNBA Season
- Mercury Signs Christyn Williams to a Rest-Of-Season Contract
- Phoenix Mercury to Release Limited-Edition T-Shirt Designed by Sophie Cunningham