Phoenix Mercury Re-Signs Krystal Thomas
PHOENIX - The Phoenix Mercury has re-signed 6-5 center Krystal Thomas, the club announced today. Thomas originally signed with the Mercury on August 12, 2011 for the final 11 games of the regular season and the playoffs.
Thomas most recently was waived on May 16, the final day of the 2012 training camp, but returns in place of Latvian center Zane Tamane who was let go last Friday.
The Mercury, currently 1-2 on the season, travels to Atlanta this week to take on the defending Eastern Conference champion Dream Thursday at 7 p.m. PT. The game will be broadcast on FOX Sports Arizona.
Phoenix then visits San Antonio the following night and returns home Sunday for a 3 p.m. tipoff against the Tulsa Shock. Flexible ticket packages for the entire 2012 season are available by calling 602-252-WNBA or visiting phoenixmercury.com.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from May 29, 2012
- Sparks Center Nicky Anosike to Undergo Knee Surgery - Los Angeles Sparks
- Sparks Candace Parker Named Western Conference Player of the Week - Los Angeles Sparks
- Fever's Catchings and Sparks' Parker Named Players of the Week - WNBA
- Go Green Night Presented by Waste Management, Friday June 8 at Staples Center - Los Angeles Sparks
- Indiana Fever and Indiana Humanities to Celebrate 40th Anniversary of Title IX - Indiana Fever
- Phoenix Mercury Re-Signs Krystal Thomas - Phoenix Mercury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.