Pets And Fishburn Ceremony Highlight Fever's 9/11 Activities Next Thursday
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Fever will honor Indianapolis Metro Police Officer Jason Fishburn during a Hero Presentation during halftime of its next home game, Thursday, Sept. 11 against the New York Liberty (7:00 p.m.). The evening also is tabbed as Pet Rescue and Adoption Night presented by Pet Supplies Plus. An annual Fever promotional night, approximately one dozen dogs and cats will be available for adoption from Indianapolis Animal Care and Control.
Continuing his rehabilitation since sustaining a gunshot wound in the line of duty in July, Fishburn, 29, is expected to participate in an on-the-court presentation at halftime. The Fever has established a special ticket offer, from which $7 of each ticket purchased will benefit the Jason Fishburn Fund. To place an order to benefit the Jason Fishburn Fund, visit ConsecoFieldhouse.com/group, Event #2122. The group ID is FISH. The deadline for this offer is September 9.
Throughout the evening, pets will be available for fans to visit or adopt. Visiting fans can receive a pet goodie bag courtesy of Pet Supplies Plus. All available pets will have immunization shots, all are spayed or neutered, microchipped, and available for adoption for only $60. Anyone that adopts a pet that night will receive a Fever pet adoption prize pack with items necessary for the pet in its new home.
The Fever, 14-15 and clinging to the Eastern Conference's fourth playoff spot, is in the midst of a 10-day, four-city road trip with games remaining at Detroit (Sept. 5), Atlanta (Sept. 8) and Minnesota (Sept. 9). Indiana concludes the regular season with home dates against the Liberty and the Phoenix Mercury (Sept. 14, 12:30 p.m.). Led by WNBA All-Stars Tamika Catchings, Katie Douglas and Tammy Sutton-Brown, the Fever bids for its first WNBA Finals appearance after reaching the Eastern Conference Finals in two of the past three seasons. Tickets are available at FeverBasketball.com.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 5, 2008
- WNBA Names Tom Garrity COO of Houston Comets - Houston Comets
- Join The Connecticut Sun As It Attempts To Break A World Record - Connecticut Sun
- Pets And Fishburn Ceremony Highlight Fever's 9/11 Activities Next Thursday - Indiana Fever
- Georgia Ovarian Cancer Alliance And Atlanta Dream Join Forces - Atlanta Dream
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indiana Fever Stories
- PS&E and the Marcus Graham Project Partner to Engage and Impact Diverse Young Professionals
- Indiana Fever Add IUPUI Legend Carlos Knox to Coaching Staff
- Chelsey Perry's Hometown Names Day in her Honor
- Fever Overseas Update: (October 2, 2021 - November 6, 2021)
- McCowan Named MVP of the Week in Turkish KBSL