Petes Celebrating Milestone Games this Weekend
(Peterborough, ON) - The Petes will play their 2,000th regular season home game on Thursday, February 7 at 7:05pm when they host the league-leading Ottawa 67's at the Peterborough Memorial Centre.
To celebrate the milestone, the Petes Education Fund will be offering a guaranteed jackpot of $2,000 and a special 50/50 ticket offer of 100 numbers for $20 (usually 60 numbers for $20) in honour of the 100 Petes alumni that have played over 100 NHL games.
The Petes also hit another landmark this week by reaching 10,000 followers on Instagram. To thank them for their support, fans can buy one ticket for Thursday's game against Ottawa and get a ticket of equal or lesser value for free. To take advantage of the deal, fans must show the celebratory photo on the Petes Instagram page at the PMC Baker Tilly Box Office.
As part of the Ontario Hockey League's Talk Today program, presented by Teachers Life, the Petes have partnered with Canadian Mental Health Association Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge (CMHA HKPR) for Thursday's mental health awareness game. CMHA HKPR will run a kiosk in the main lobby of the arena through the game to share information about mental health and their community-based services. Videos featuring Petes players and public address announcements about mental health will be integrated into the game. In a pre-game ceremony, the Petes Education Fund will present a cheque to CMHA HKPR and Team 55.
The Kawartha Sexual Assault Centre will also have a kiosk in the main lobby to provide awareness surrounding their services and involvement with the OHL Onside program.
A fundraising chuck-a-puck will support the Trent Forensic Science Society, while students of Westmount Public School will perform the national anthem. Fans can receive a Skip the Dishes coupon as they leave the game.
The Petes will wrap up a short week on Friday, February 8 when they visit the Kingston Frontenacs, which marks the maroon and white's 4,000th regular season game.
Tickets for Thursday's game are available through the Baker Tilly Box Office in person, over the phone at (705) 743-3561, and online.
Help the Petes push for playoff positioning with a Playoff Push Flex Pack! For just $69.99 (tax included), fans will receive four regular bowl tickets, four popcorns, and four pops for any Petes home game in February or March. The regular price of this package is $125, which means fans save $55 on the special offer. Contact Mike at (705) 743-3681 x 263.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from February 6, 2019
- Otters Topped by Rangers 8-4 at Home - Erie Otters
- Garreffa's Hat Trick Carries the Rangers over the Otters 8-4 - Kitchener Rangers
- One-Quarter of Season Left - North Bay Battalion
- Steelheads to Host Mental Health Awareness Game in Partnership with CMHA Peel Dufferin Branch - Mississauga Steelheads
- Colts' Jet Greaves Named Vaughn CHL Goaltender of the Week - Barrie Colts
- Petes Celebrating Milestone Games this Weekend - Peterborough Petes
- Registration Now Open for 2019 Future Generals Hockey Camp - Oshawa Generals
- Three Games in Three Nights as Attack Head into Week 21 - Owen Sound Attack
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peterborough Petes Stories
- Curtis Trolley Re-Assigned to Lindsay Muskies
- Sell out Crowd Treated to Late Game Petes Win over Bulldogs
- Declan Chisholm and Hunter Jones Named to 2019 CIBC Canada Russia Series Roster
- Select Tickets Remaining for Petes Home Opener on Thursday
- Two Petes Selected to Represent Canada at World U-17 Hockey Challenge