Penguins sign Mark Letestu to ATO
WILKES-BARRE, PA - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins have signed center Mark Letestu to an amateur tryout contract, it was announced Tuesday by Pittsburgh Penguins Assistant General Manager Chuck Fletcher.
Letestu, 22, recently completed his freshman season with the Western Michigan Broncos, leading the team with 24 goals, five shorthanded goals and 46 points. He also ranked tied for first on the team with seven power play goals and three game-winning goals.
The 5-11, 195 pound native of Elk Point, Alberta, placed tied for sixth among all NCAA skaters in goals and tied for 14th in points, while his five shorthanded tallies led the entire nation. Letestu led all freshmen scorers across the NCAA in points, and was named the Central Collegiate Hockey Association Rookie of the Year.
Letestu played four seasons with the Bonnyville Pontiacs of the Albert Junior Hockey League, leading league in scoring with 105 points (50+55) in 58 games during the 2005-06 season. That performance led him to be named the AJHL Most Valuable Player.
Group and individual tickets for all Penguins home games are on sale now. Individual tickets are available at all TicketMaster locations, online at www.ticketmaster.com, and at the Wachovia Arena Box Office. Group tickets and other special offers are available through the Penguins Team Store, or by calling 570-208-7367.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 20, 2007
- Iowa win moves Stars into playoff position - Iowa Chops
- Aeros', Moose streaks both over - Houston Aeros
- Rivermen Defeated by Iowa 2-1 on the Road - Peoria Rivermen
- Rivermen Coach's Show on Wednesday, March 21 - Peoria Rivermen
- Florida reassigns Adam Taylor to Rochester - Rochester Americans
- B-Sens announce members of fan advisory board - Binghamton Senators
- Monarchs "At Your Service" Nets $59,000 - Manchester Monarchs
- Caldwell Has Strong Weekend - Syracuse Crunch
- Dubinsky reassigned to Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- Moose, Power 97 Team up for Third Annual "Cut for Cancer" - Manitoba Moose
- Blackhawks Recall Dustin Byfuglien from Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Penguins sign Mark Letestu to ATO - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Aeros Gameday - Houston Aeros
- Local Mascots To Do Battle At Sunday's Wolves Game - Chicago Wolves
- Smith released from PTO - Connecticut Whale
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.