Pelicans Assign Cheick Diallo to Austin Spurs
NEW ORLEANS - The New Orleans Pelicans' Senior Vice President of Basketball Operations/General Manager Dell Demps announced today that the team has assigned rookie forward Cheick Diallo to the Austin Spurs of the NBA Development League, pursuant to the flexible assignment system. Diallo, 6-9, 220, has appeared in six games with Austin, averaging 14.3 points on .553 shooting from the floor, 6.7 rebounds and 2.5 blocks per game. Diallo recorded two 20-point games, one double-double and three games with four blocks. This will mark's Diallo's second assignment to the D-League. Diallo was originally selected by the L.A. Clippers with the 33rdoverall pick out of the University of Kansas in the 2016 NBA Draft. Diallo has appeared in two regular season games for New Orleans, logging one rebound and one block in seven minutes of action.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 2, 2016
- Austin Spurs Fall to Greensboro Swarm (99-105) - Austin Spurs
- Bulls Survive Drive Rally for Fourth Straight Win - Grand Rapids Drive
- Oklahoma City Blue's Dakari Johnson Named NBA D-League Player of the Month - G League
- Fort Wayne Mad Ants' Steve Gansey Named NBA D-League Coach of the Month - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Pelicans Assign Cheick Diallo to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- D-Fenders off to Record Start with Win over Stars - Los Angeles D-Fenders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Spurs Stories
- San Antonio Recalls Derrick White from Austin Spurs
- Austin Spurs to Host 2018 NBA G League Championship Celebration
- Austin Spurs Win 2018 NBA G League Championship
- Austin Spurs Defeat Raptors 905 in Game 1 of NBA G League Finals 105-93
- Austin Spurs to Face Raptors 905 in 2018 NBA G League Finals