Pats at Calgary Gameday Preview
Sunday, February 17th
Puck Drop: 5:00 p.m. CST
Regina Pats (20-32-3-3) Calgary Hitmen (38-17-1-3)
The Pats visit the Scotiabank Saddledome for their fourth and final meeting with the Hitmen. Calgary has wins in all three games in the season series while limiting the Pats to only two goals. Morgan Klimchuk leads the Pats into the contest with a goal in the season series. Cody Sylvester has the points lead in the season set with seven points, six of those assists, Brooks Macek has three goals against Regina. Coming into this evening's matchup, the Pats have dropped two straight one goal games including their 2-1 defeat at the hands of Swift Current Friday night. At the other end of the rink, Calgary heads into the game after a 3-1 win over Victoria last night. Tonight's game will be broadcast on 620 CKRM starting with the Press Box Sports Bar Pre-Game Show at 4:35 p.m. CST.
Lead Up: Laurikainen Closes Door on Pats in 2-1 Loss
Eetu Laurikainen made some big saves including two sensational stops on Connor Gay and Dyson Stevenson, helping the Broncos to a road victory Friday night. Adam Lowry and Levi Bews scored the Broncos markers while Chandler Stephenson replied for Regina. Teagan Sacher made 38 saves in the loss. For highlights, click here.
Darian Henry and Carson Samoridny with the Pats and Colten Mayor with the Hitmen will face-off against former teammates tonight. Henry came to Regina before the Christmas break while Samoridny and Mayor were part of the Pats lone deal at the trade deadline. In 14 games with Calgary, Mayor has three assists while Samoridny has two goals in seven contests. Darian Henry is still looking for his first point in a Pats uniform with 20 games in Blue and White.
On the Road Again
The Pats head to Alberta for their final road swing of the season, followed by a pair of road games closer to home for a total of five straight games away from friendly territory. The Blue and White face off with Calgary (tonight), Red Deer, Edmonton, Moose Jaw and Prince Albert. For full Pats schedule, click here.
Powerplay on the Board
After a run of four straight games without scoring a powerplay goal, the Pats broke out of the slump when Chandler Stephenson scored with the man advantage against Swift Current. The Pats went 0/16 on the PP over that stretch.
- Lane Scheidl has points in three straight games (2G, 3A)
- The Pats have been involved in 26 one goal games (9-11-3-3)
- Four players on the Pats have 70+ PIM on the season (Henry - 103, Stevenson - 83, Christoffer - 79, Burroughs - 70)
at Red Deer - Tuesday, February 19th, 8 p.m. CST - Enmax Centrium (CKRM)
at Edmonton - Wednesday, February 20th, 8 p.m. CST - Rexall Place (CKRM)
at Moose Jaw - Friday, February 22nd, 7 p.m. - Mosaic Place (CKRM)
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 17, 2013
- Giants Lose 2-1 in Overtime to the Thunderbirds - Vancouver Giants
- Hitmen extend home-winning streak to seven games - Calgary Hitmen
- Royals Fall to Oil Kings - Victoria Royals
- Pats Drop One to Calgary, 5-2 - Regina Pats
- Blades Search for 12th Straight Win; Host Wheat Kings Monday - Saskatoon Blades
- Monday at Portland Gametime Changed to 4:00 P.M. - Spokane Chiefs
- Tomorrow's Winterhawks Game Moved to 4 p.m. - Portland Winterhawks
- Pats at Calgary Gameday Preview - Regina Pats
- Trombley Earns Shutout, Americans Stomp Chiefs 6-0 - Tri-City Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.