Pats Acquire Defenceman Kyle Walker from Everett
Regina, Saskatchewan - The Regina Pats Hockey Club is pleased to announce they have acquired 18-year-old defenceman Kyle Walker from the Everett Silvertips in exchange for a fifth-round pick in the 2019 WHL Bantam Draft.
Walker (6'3, 185 lbs), was listed by the Silvertips ahead of the 2017-18 season and has appeared in 64 games in the WHL, scoring once and adding five assists to go along with 45 penalty minutes and a plus-8 rating.
"We are happy to bring Kyle here to Regina." said Pats VP of Hockey Operations and GM John Paddock. "He is a big body on the back end that will help our team going forward."
Walker is from Leduc, Alberta and played his Bantam and Midget Hockey with the Leduc Oil Kings. He won an AMHL Championship in 2017 with the Oil Kings Midget AAA.
The fifth round pick the Pats give up was originally from the Medicine Hat Tigers in the Matt Bradley trade in May of 2017.
The Pats are back in action on Friday night at home to the Tri-City Americans at 7 p.m. at the Brandt Centre. Tickets are available at reginapats.com, the Brandt Centre Box Office and at any Regina Safeway where Fun Zone Tickets are $13 plus tax.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from November 8, 2018
- Everett Silvertips to Host Training Camp for USA Hockey's 2019 National Junior Team - Everett Silvertips
- Saskatchewan's Stadnyk Named WHL Grad of the Month - WHL
- Blazers to Host Military Appreciation Night on November 9, Post Game Skate with Fans November 11 - Kamloops Blazers
- Raiders Tops in Kia CHL Top 10 Rankings for Fourth-Straight Week - WHL
- Hockey Canada CEO to Headline 2019 Dinner - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Pats Acquire Defenceman Kyle Walker from Everett - Regina Pats
- ICE to Hold Minor Hockey Night Presented by Cranbrook KIA on Saturday - Kootenay Ice
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.