Patriots sign former Major League pitcher Nick Bierbrodt
Bridgewater, NJ - The two-time Atlantic League Champion Somerset Patriots have announced the signing of former Major League pitcher Nick Bierbrodt.
Bierbrodt, a left-handed pitcher, has Major League experience with the Arizona Diamondbacks, Tampa Bay Devil Rays, Cleveland Indians, and Texas Rangers.
He most recently played for the Rangers at the Major League level in 2004, where he started four games and had a 1-1 record. In 38 Major League games over three seasons, Bierbrodt has 112 strikeouts.
Bierbrodt was the Diamondbacks first round draft pick, 30th overall, in the 1996 draft.
The Tarzana, Calif., native also has five years of experience at the Triple-A level. Bierbrodt pitched 589.1 innings in 128 career minor league games. He has 530 strikeouts in the minor leagues.
Bierbrodt has been activated for the Patriots series in Newark at Bears and Eagles Riverfront Stadium.
The Somerset Patriots will return home on Tuesday, May 10, with a 7:05 pm game against the Newark Bears. Tickets are currently available for all Somerset Patriots games. For ticket information, call (908) 252-0700, stop by the ballpark, or visit the website at www.somersetpatriots.com.
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from May 4, 2005
- Patriots sign former Major League pitcher Nick Bierbrodt - Somerset Patriots
- Bears fall short, lose to Patriots 9-7 - Newark Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Somerset Patriots Stories
- Somerset Patriots Announce 2019 Schedule
- President/General Manager Patrick McVerry and the Somerset Patriots Honored with Atlantic League Post Season Awards
- Two Patriots Named Atlantic League Post-Season All-Stars
- Ducks Eliminate Patriots from Playoffs with 3-2 Extra Inning Win
- Patriots Power Their Way to a Game 4 LDCS Win to Even up the Series 2-2