Papp Propels Capitols Past Fighting Saints 2-1
Dubuque, IA - A late power play goal from Kristof Papp propelled the Madison Capitols (4-8-1-2) past the Dubuque Fight Saints (7-8-1-2) by a score of 2-1 on Wednesday night. This was the first of seven matchups between the two teams this season.
Dubuque found themselves ahead 7:51 into the first period as the Capitols had to play from behind once again in this battle.
A hard crashing play 8:10 into the second period tied the game up for the Capitols on Dan Petrick's first goal of the season. Matthew Gould fired a shot from the left circle where Petrick crashed the net to pick up the rebound and grind the Capitols onto the board.
Madison would head to the power play with six minutes left in regulation, and with time winding down on the man advantage, they would take advantage for the first lead of the night. Branden Suter fed a shot through traffic that was kicked out by Dubuque's Matthew Thiessen. For the second time in the contest, it was a hard-fought goal for Madison, this time by Kristof Papp for the eventual game-winning goal.
Joseph Lamoreaux (4-7-0-1) faced a barrage of shots in the contest, turning back 36 on the night to lead Madison to victory. The Capitols return to action on Friday when they travel to east Ohio for two games against the Youngstown Phantoms.
Madison's next home game will be Saturday, December 1st as they team up with Middleton Outreach Ministry to help fill the nets with canned goods.
Don't miss out on any of the action this season as the Capitols embark on their 5th season in the USHL. Ticket packages, suites, and group outing are available now at www.madcapshockey.com or by calling the front office at (608) 257-2277.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from November 26, 2018
- USHL Players of the Week Named for Week 9 - USHL
- Storm Storylines - Tri-City Storm
- Forward St. Onge Commits to Alaska Anchorage - Des Moines Buccaneers
- Weekend Recap - Green Bay Gamblers
- Two-Goal Second Leads Capitols 2-1 over Youngstown - Madison Capitols
- Three Unanswered Downs Capitols 4-2 - Madison Capitols
- Papp Propels Capitols Past Fighting Saints 2-1 - Madison Capitols
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Madison Capitols Stories
- Lucas Herrmann Announces Commitment to University of New Hampshire
- Capitols and Gamblers Team up to Raise Money for AJ Degenhardt & MS
- Bantle and Petrick Announce Collegiate Commitments
- Capitols Prepare for Big Weekend at Home
- Capitols Split Decisions in Drama Filled Weekend