Padres Recall Ryan Webb; Matt Buschmann Transferred from San Antonio
PORTLAND, Ore. - The San Diego Padres today recalled right-handed pitcher Ryan Webb from Portland and placed left-handed pitcher Sean Gallagher on the disabled list. Additionally, right-handed pitcher Matt Buschmann was transferred to Portland from Class AA San Antonio.
Webb, 24, was 0-0 with one save, a 0.00 ERA (0er, 10.0ip) and 10 strikeouts in nine appearances with the Beavers. The Clearwater, Fla., native made his major league debut with the Padres in 2009 and posted a 2-1 record and 3.86 ERA (11er, 25.2ip) in 28 relief outings. Webb was acquired from the Athletics on July 5, 2009, with pitcher Craig Italiano and Gallagher in exchange for outfielder Scott Hairston.
Buschmann, 26, was 0-0 with a 2.66 ERA (6er, 20.1ip) and 26 strikeouts in six games (2 starts) with the Missions. Drafted by San Diego in the 15th round of the 2006 draft, Buschmann began the 2009 season in the Portland rotation, going 3-10 with a 6.18 ERA (68er, 99.0ip) in 19 games (18 starts) before finishing out the year in San Antonio.
With today's moves, the Beavers' roster remains at its 24-man limit.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 4, 2010
- Fresno Takes Second Straight in the Springs, 9-6 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Redbirds Edge Isotopes - Memphis Redbirds
- Padres Recall Ryan Webb; Matt Buschmann Transferred from San Antonio - Portland Beavers
- Torra Pitches Aces To 6-3 Win Over 51s - Reno Aces
- Express Cruise Past Sounds 6-2 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Drop 2nd Straight Game To Express, 6-2 - Nashville Sounds
- Astros Hand Out Round Rock Monthly Honors - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Beavers Stories
- Statement from Merritt Paulson regarding ownership of the Portland Beavers
- Beavers, Timbers Community Fund Again Recognized by Corporate Philanthropy Awards
- Beavers Win Final Game at PGE Park in Dramatic Fashion
- Young, Geer Combine on Three-Hitter as Beavers Beat 51's
- Portland held to four hits in 9-1 loss