Owen Named Repeat Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - The Central Hockey League announced today that Missouri Mavericks net minder, Shane Owen, has been named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week for the second week in a row.
Owen, 23, is ranked number one among Central Hockey League goaltenders with a 1.32 GAA and .954 Sv%. The Shanty Bay, Ontario native has wins in all six of his starts, contributing to the Mavericks undefeated season start with a perfect record. Owen has made 165 saves and allowed only 8 goals through 365 minutes of play.
Mavericks Head Coach Scott Hillman acknowledges what an honor it is for Shane to be recognized in two consecutive weeks as an outstanding performer in goal. "He made a couple huge saves in the last two games that could have been turning points and given Wichita momentum."
The Mavericks, off to an undefeated start, have strength between the pipes to thank for their success, given that they have allowed the fewest goals among other Central Hockey League teams (12). Owen has proven himself a solid goaltender for the Missouri team, and there are high hopes for his future performances. "His team has a ton of confidence in him, and that is something that can only be earned," says Hillman.
The Mavericks play their next game on Friday, November 15 on the road against the Rapid City Rush at 8:05pm. Missouri will return home on November 22, to face the St. Charles Chill. With season tickets starting at just over $11 per game and FREE parking, the Mavericks are the pinnacle of family affordable entertainment.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 12, 2013
- Oilers Streak Snapped in 6-1 Setback to Thunder - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Ends Skid with Convincing 6-1 Win at Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Owen Named Repeat Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - Kansas City Mavericks
- Missouri's Shane Owen Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Denver Cutthroats Honor Granite Mountain Hotshots - Denver Cutthroats
- David 'The Caveman' Rickels to Drop Puck at Saturday's Game vs. Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.