Denver Cutthroats Honor Granite Mountain Hotshots
Denver - The Denver Cutthroats will recognize the 19 members of the Prescott Granite Mountain Hotshots prior to face off with the Arizona Sundogs on Tuesday, November 12 at 7:00 PM at the Denver Coliseum.
The devastating loss on June 30, 2013 hit close to the home of the Sundogs in Prescott, Arizona. For the first meeting of the season, the Denver Cutthroats wanted to honor and remember the brave men and women who lost their lives so close to their Central Hockey League competitor.
"As competitive as teams are in the CHL, it's important that we all cooperate when we can, especially in our community support," said Denver Cutthroats President and General Manager Ben Rifkin. "Prescott, Arizona suffered a tremendous loss in their community this summer and the Sundogs have done incredible work to help their community through that loss. The Cutthroats appreciate the Sundogs, the Granite Mountain Hotshot crew and all first responders for the work they do."
Members of the Pike Hotshots Crew from Monument, Colorado will drop the puck at center ice to honor and commemorate their fellow comrades on Tuesday. Fling-A-Fish proceeds collected from that night's game will benefit the Prescott Firefighter's Charities, which gives 100 percent of all donations to support the families of fallen firefighters.
The Denver Cutthroats will continue to salute the military during the two-game weekend series against the Quad City Mallards on Friday, November 15 and Saturday, November 16 at the Denver Coliseum. Cutthroats founding partner and official soft drink beverage partner, Pepsi, will be handing out 1,000 megaphones on Saturday night's game to help fans voice their support for the military. For ticket information, please visit DenverCutthroats.com or call 866.464.2626. Military discounts are available.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 12, 2013
- Oilers Streak Snapped in 6-1 Setback to Thunder - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Ends Skid with Convincing 6-1 Win at Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
- Owen Named Repeat Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - Kansas City Mavericks
- Missouri's Shane Owen Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Denver Cutthroats Honor Granite Mountain Hotshots - Denver Cutthroats
- David 'The Caveman' Rickels to Drop Puck at Saturday's Game vs. Tulsa - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Denver Cutthroats Stories
- Veteran Defenseman Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Former Open Tryout Participant Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Denver Cutthroats Hold Third Annual Open Tryouts
- Denver Cutthroats Add Two More to 2014-15 Roster
- Two Veterans Add Depth to Cutthroats 2014-15 Roster