Otters Unveil Logo and Jersey for 25th Anniversary Season
Erie, Pennsylvania - The Erie Otters today unveiled the logo for their 25th anniversary as well as a commemorative third jersey for their silver anniversary that will be celebrated during the 2020-21 OHL season.
"We are very excited to present a logo that makes us proud of our most cherished organizational accomplishments while tying in our home state recognition and, most importantly, what Erie and our community have come to know in our team's logo," said general manager and vice president of operations Dave Brown. "The anniversary sweater has a sparkle that will allow us to remember the countless bright moments we have shared from our 25 years together. Lastly, we hope this jersey gives us all a sparkle and opportunity to be optimistic about our future. We are excited to share this time with our partners, passionate season ticket members, and the faithful Erie community, and we hope this brings brighter moments to the community moving forward."
The yearlong celebration will start with the beginning of the 2020-21 season on February 4th with the OHL's planned opening date as part of the return to play plan and will continue throughout the calendar year of 2021. The festivities will feature the announcement of the Otters 25th anniversary team as voted by the fans this past summer, player and alumni appearances, unique benefits for season ticket holders, and other anniversary-themed initiatives.
The anniversary logo features the Otters primary logo planted on a keystone background that is highlights by the team's two J. Ross Robertson Cup championships and the 25 years that the franchise has been in Erie, Pennsylvania.
Commemorative 25th anniversary season merchandise will go on sale Friday, November 20th on the Otters online store and will also be featured at the team's brand-new merchandise store located inside the Erie Insurance Arena. In collaboration with the grand opening of the team's merchandise store on Friday, fans can take advantage of a free hat special when they spend $25 or more. Additionally, all fans who stop by the team store during its grand opening weekend this Friday and Saturday will be entered to win a team autographed stick (no purchase necessary). The team store will open under Holiday Hours: open 11am-5pm Monday through Wednesday, 11am-7pm Thursday through Friday, and 10am-2pm on Saturday or contact Darcie Chabola to schedule an appointment for a socially distanced store visit at 814-480-6092.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 19, 2020
- CHL Launches Premiere Memorial ECup Presented by Kia - OHL
- Otters Unveil Logo and Jersey for 25th Anniversary Season - Erie Otters
- Academic Spotlight Series: Cooper Way - Oshawa Generals
- In the Spotlight: Stevens - North Bay Battalion
- Attack's Burroughs and Avis Helping out with First Nations Hockey Equipment Drive - Owen Sound Attack
- Teachers Life Academic Spotlight: Nick Chenard - Owen Sound Attack
- Christmas Blowout Sale up to 50% Off - Barrie Colts
- Season Ticket Refund Information - Soo Greyhounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Erie Otters Stories
- 19 Otters Alumni Attending NHL Training Camps
- Chad Yetman Signs AHL Contract with Rockford
- Drysdale Earns Silver Medal at 2021 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship
- Broll, Golod, Williams Represent Otters Alumni on ECHL Opening Night Rosters
- Otters, BayHawks and SeaWolves Team up for Drive-Thru Teddy Bear Toss and Toy Drive