Otters Gain Point, Fall 4-3 to Generals in OT
ERIE, PA - The Otters took to home ice to face the Oshawa Generals on Friday evening, the first of a back-to-back weekend at the Erie Insurance Arena. Oshawa got things going only a few minutes in with a goal from Anthony Salinitri for the only goal of the opening period.
In the early moments of the second, Petr Cajka cashed in his 18th goal of the year on a powerplay opportunity to tie the game at one. Shortly after, Oshawa pulled ahead once again with a goal from Serron Noel, but Gera Poddubnyi answered quickly to restore the tie game.
In the third, Oshawa found the back of the net for the game tying goal, this time off of the stick of former Otter Brett Neumann. The teams traded opportunities until the final buzzer, but neither side could break the deadlock, and they headed to overtime to decide a winner. In overtime, former Otter Allan McShane fired a one-timer past goaltender Cole Ceci to win it for the Generals.
The Otters will be back in action tomorrow night against the Windsor Spitfires at 7:00PM at Erie Insurance Arena.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from February 8, 2019
- Big Win for Bulldogs in Kitchener - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Attack Give Knights Scare in Friday Night Loss - Owen Sound Attack
- Petes Come Back in Kingston - Peterborough Petes
- Sting Break away from Storm - Sarnia Sting
- Fronts Fall Just Short in 4-3 Shootout Loss to Petes - Kingston Frontenacs
- Rangers Drop a Thriller at the Aud, 6-4 - Kitchener Rangers
- 67's Pick up Point But Fall to Steelheads in Shootout - Ottawa 67's
- Otters Gain Point, Fall 4-3 to Generals in OT - Erie Otters
- Preview: Firebirds and Wolves Square-Off in Sudbury Friday - Flint Firebirds
- Bob Janosz Named IceDogs Goaltending Coach - Niagara IceDogs
- Brazeau Leads Comeback - North Bay Battalion
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.