Ottawa Acquires Defenseman Gormley from New Jersey
BINGHAMTON, NY - The Ottawa Senators announced that the club has acquired defenseman Brandon Gormley from the New Jersey Devils in exchange for future considerations. Ottawa has reassigned Gormley to Binghamton.
Gormley, 25, has ten points (two goals, eight assists) in 35 games played with Albany this season. Gormley was originally drafted by the Phoenix Coyotes, now the Arizona Coyotes, in the first round, 13th overall, in 2010. In his career, the 6-foot-2, 195-pound defenseman has appeared in 32 National Hockey League games with Phoenix and Arizona from 2013-2015, along with 26 games for Colorado last season. Gormley has five NHL points (two goals, three assists) in 35 games.
In 223 American Hockey League games with San Antonio, Portland, and Albany, Gormley has 22 goals and 70 assists.
The B-Sens return home Friday against Albany (DISCOUNT) and Saturday against Hershey (DISCOUNT) at 7:05 p.m. Can't make it to the game? Fans can tune in on U.S. Country 96.9 FM, 680 AM, iHeartRadio's website and mobile app, and AHL Live.
For more information on tickets, including pricing and location, visit www.binghamtonsenators.com or call the Senators front office at 607-722-SENS (7367).
Stay current with the latest team news by visiting www.binghamtonsenators.com. Follow the Senators all year long on Facebook (/binghamtonsenators), Twitter (@SenatorsAHL), Instagram (@senatorsahl), Snapchat (@bsenshockey), and the team's Youtube channel (/BinghamtonSenators).
Images from this story
Ottawa Acquires Defenseman Gormley from New Jersey; Assigns Him to Binghamton
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 7, 2017
- Minnesota Recalls Olofsson from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Penguins Get Ready for Busy Week - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- IceCaps Release Forward Alexandre Ranger from PTO - St. John's IceCaps
- IceCaps Sign Forward Guillaume Asselin - St. John's IceCaps
- Christian Hilbrich Recalled by Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update: March 6 - San Antonio Rampage
- Devils Sign Jacob MacDonald - Albany Devils
- Manitoba Moose Weekly - March 6 - Manitoba Moose
- Rampage Recall Forward Alex Belzile from Colorado Eagles - San Antonio Rampage
- Ottawa Acquires Defenseman Gormley from New Jersey - Binghamton Senators
- Admirals Welcome Cheap Trick on Friday Night - Milwaukee Admirals
- Manitoba Moose Moose Release Bryan Moore - Manitoba Moose
- Albany Devils Transaction -- 03.06.2017 - Albany Devils
- Ricoh Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- The Sound Tigers Report: Week 21 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Texas Stars Weekly Update - Texas Stars
- Wolf Pack Weekly, March 6-12 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Manitoba Moose Kyle Connor Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Manitoba Moose
- Manitoba's Kyle Connor Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.