Orlando Pride Signs Goalkeeper Kaylie Collins to New Contract; Loaned to Western Sydney Wanderers FC
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Orlando Pride has signed goalkeeper Kaylie Collins to a new contract through the 2024 NWSL season, it was announced today. Collins was then loaned to Western Sydney Wanderers FC of Australia's A-League Women for the upcoming 2023-24 season.
"Since joining the club in 2021, Kaylie has been a valuable member of our goalkeeping corps and has continued to grow as both a player and a person. We believe she has the potential to become a top goalkeeper in this league, and gaining competitive experience and meaningful game minutes while in Australia is critical to her development," Orlando Pride VP of Soccer Operations and General Manager Haley Carter said. "We're looking forward to cheering her on during the A-League season and keeping track of her progress over the next few months."
Collins has appeared in three games for the Pride, all of which were starts. Throughout the 2021 season, Collins was signed as a national team replacement player multiple times, before making her professional debut in the Pride's final 2022 Challenge Cup match, which resulted in a 1-1 draw. This season, the No. 34 overall selection in the 2021 NWSL Draft earned the start between the sticks twice, once in the Challenge Cup and once during regular season play.
In four seasons at the University of Southern California, Collins totaled 66 appearances, 210 saves, 27 shutouts and a 0.791 goals against average. In 2018, she earned Pac-12 Goalkeeper of the Year honors along with United Soccer Coaches All-America honors, a Top-Drawer Soccer Best XI nod and two-time All-Pac-12 honors.
TRANSACTION: Orlando Pride signs goalkeeper Kaylie Collins to a new contract through the 2024 NWSL season. Subsequently, Collins was loaned to Australian side Western Sydney Wanderers FC for the 2023-24 A-League Women season.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from September 12, 2023
- Orlando Pride Signs Goalkeeper Kaylie Collins to New Contract; Loaned to Western Sydney Wanderers FC - Orlando Pride
- Orlando Pride Signs 2023 NWSL Draft Pick Tori Hansen to New Deal; Defender Loaned to Melbourne Victory FC - Orlando Pride
- Kansas City Current to Face CF Monterrey Femenil in Club's First International Club Friendly, Presented by Bud Light - Kansas City Current
- 2023 UKG NWSL Challenge Cup Closes with Second-Straight North Carolina Tournament Crown, Record Bonus Pool Payout for Players - NWSL
- Five Spirit Players Called up to USWNT for Two September Friendly Matches - Washington Spirit
- OL Reign Exercises Option on Midfielder Jess Fishlock's Contract - OL Reign
- Racing Star DeMelo Called up to U.S. Women's National Team September Camp - Racing Louisville FC
- Three Chicago Red Stars Called up to United States Women's National Team - Chicago Red Stars
- Naomi Girma, Alex Morgan and Jaedyn Shaw Called into U.S. Women's National Team Training Camp - San Diego Wave FC
- Coffey, Dunn Named to U.S. Women's National Team Training Camp Roster for September Friendlies against South Africa - Portland Thorns FC
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando Pride Stories
- Orlando Pride Signs Defender Kylie Strom to Three-Year Contract
- Defender Emily Madril and Orlando Pride Agree to New, Three-Year Contract
- Orlando Pride Signs Goalkeeper Sofia Manner to Two-Year Contract
- Orlando City SC, Orlando Pride Host 10th Annual District 5 Turkey Distribution Alongside Community Partners
- Orlando Pride Announces 2023 End-Of-Season Contract Updates