Orlando City Travels to Face New York Red Bulls on Sunday
ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando City SC (8-2-7, 31 points) travels to take on the New York Red Bulls (7-8-3, 24 points) on Sunday, Oct. 18 at Red Bull Arena. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. ET.
The match will be locally broadcast on Fox 35 Plus with Evan Weston and Miguel Gallardo on the call, while also being transmitted on Real Radio 104.1 in English and Acción 97.9FM, 810AM in Spanish.
"[We're] getting ready for New York Red Bulls in their place. A short turnaround, but we're used to it already, I actually like that and I'm optimistic like always. We will go and fight for those points," Head Coach Oscar Pareja said. "They're a team that is very aggressive in their press and trying to counter right away through the middle. When we faced them here, I thought it was a validation of their model. They came with different patterns, but we kept being loyal to our ways and we had a very good game. Despite it being the same rival, I think the games are quite different. We will be prepared to continue with our model and our ideas and we will prepare for them."
The match will serve as the Lions second against the Red Bulls in just over a two-week stretch, taking a 3-1 victory on Saturday, Oct. 3 at Exploria Stadium. Daryl Dike, JÃºnior Urso and Antonio Carlos all found the back of the net for City on the night to take all three points at home.
City will look for its 12th-consecutive result on Sunday night, its most recent contest ending in a 1-1 draw against NYCFC in downtown Orlando. Chris Mueller scored the lone goal for the Lions in the match in the 18th minute, while goalkeeper Brian Rowe registered a season-high seven saves to preserve the draw on the night in his 100th-career MLS regular season start.
Mueller leads the Lions with eight goals this season, followed by Daryl Dike, Nani and Benji Michel with four apiece. The 2018 MLS SuperDraft selection also holds the team high in assists with six to his credit.
The Red Bulls come into Sunday's match following a 1-1 draw on the road at Toronto FC at the midweek. Alejandro Pozuelo converted from the penalty spot for the home side in the 23rd minute, but the visitors leveled in the 77th behind a finish from Caden Clark to split the points on the night.
Daniel Royer leads RBNY with four goals this season, followed by six others at two apiece. Kaku leads the side in assists in 2020, having recorded four thus far through the campaign.
Following Sunday's match, the Lions will continue on the road on Saturday, Oct. 24, making the quick trip south to face intrastate foes Inter Miami CF at Inter Miami CF Stadium. Kickoff for that match is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 17, 2020
- Montreal Impact End Skid against Inter Miami CF - Club de Foot Montreal
- Inter Miami CF Falls to Montreal Impact on the Road - Inter Miami CF
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at San Jose Earthquakes - October 18, 2020 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Sporting KC Earns 2-2 Draw at Chicago - Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Fire FC Extend Home Unbeaten Streak to Five Games, Earn Hard-Fought Point Versus Sporting Kansas City - Chicago Fire FC
- Minnesota United FC vs. Houston Dynamo Preview - Minnesota United FC
- LAFC Travels to Face the Portland Timbers Tomorrow at Providence Park - Los Angeles FC
- Orlando City Travels to Face New York Red Bulls on Sunday - Orlando City SC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Travel to Allianz Field to Face Minnesota United FC - Houston Dynamo FC
- New York and Orlando City Conclude Home-And-Home at RBA - New York Red Bulls
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Toronto FC - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Orlando City Exercises Contract Options on 11 Players Following 2021 MLS Season
- Orlando City SC Declines to Exercise Option on Forward Nani
- City Falls to Nashville SC in Round One of Audi 2021 MLS Cup Playoffs
- Orlando City Opens Audi 2021 MLS Cup Playoffs at Nashville SC
- Orlando City to Host CF Montréal in 2022 Home Opener on February 27, Presented by Orlando Health