New York and Orlando City Conclude Home-And-Home at RBA
HARRISON, N.J. - The New York Red Bulls (7-8-3, 24 pts) are riding a two-match unbeaten and host Orlando City SC (8-2-7, 31 pts) at Red Bull Arena on Sunday. Sunday's match is set for 7 p.m. ET with coverage on MSG and New York Red Bulls Radio on TuneIn in English and Spanish.
Coverage on MSG begins at 6:30 p.m. ET with the Red Bulls Pregame show. Steve Cangialosi will have the primary play-by-play responsibilities and will be alongside Shep Messing and Michelle Gingras.
New York Red Bulls Radio begins at 6 p.m. EST with Countdown to Kickoff, presented by Honda, hosted by Matt Harmon and Steve Jolley. Ernesto Motta will carry the Spanish play-by-play responsibilities, beginning at 6:30 p.m.
After holding a seven-match unbeaten Toronto FC side to a 1-1 draw, New York will face MLS's hottest team, Orlando City, who are riding an 11-match unbeaten streak (6-0-5). New York has held teams to a goal or fewer in 12 of 18 matches, while Orlando has scored a goal in 14 of 17 games. The Red Bulls own a 4-5-0 mark in one-goal matches and are 3-2-3 when tallying one goal.
For New York, the key to winning is scoring the first goal as they own a 76-13-18 mark since the Red Bulls implemented the high-press system in 2015. New York, however, has capture four of the possible nine points in the last three games when allowing the first goal. The Red Bulls earned a 4-1 victory after allowing the first goal against Montreal in the fourth minute and tallied 1-1 draw after giving up a 23rd-minute penalty kick goal to Toronto.
Medina, Minnesota, native Caden Clark has been causing havoc for opposing defenses in his first two career MLS matches. Clark became the youngest player in MLS history to score in his first two career MLS matches. He would become just the eighth player in league history if he were to tally a goal in his third ever MLS match.
New York will have five days to prepare before traveling to face Chicago Fire FC on Saturday. The five-day stretch will be the longest between games in 2020 since their five-day stretch between Montreal and Orlando City from Sept. 27 to Oct. 3. Sunday's kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. with coverage on MSG and New York Red Bulls Radio in English and Spanish.
New York Red Bulls vs. Orlando City SC
2020 MLS Regular Season Match 19
Red Bull Arena - Harrison, N.J.
Sunday, October 18, 2020 - 7 p.m. ET
MSG, MSG GO, New York Red Bulls Radio
All-Time Series: New York leads, 6-5-1
At Red Bull Arena: The Red Bulls lead, 4-2-0
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 17, 2020
- Montreal Impact End Skid against Inter Miami CF - Montreal Impact
- Inter Miami CF Falls to Montreal Impact on the Road - Inter Miami CF
- Game Notes: Sounders FC at San Jose Earthquakes - October 18, 2020 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Sporting KC Earns 2-2 Draw at Chicago - Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Fire FC Extend Home Unbeaten Streak to Five Games, Earn Hard-Fought Point Versus Sporting Kansas City - Chicago Fire
- Minnesota United FC vs. Houston Dynamo Preview - Minnesota United FC
- LAFC Travels to Face the Portland Timbers Tomorrow at Providence Park - Los Angeles FC
- Orlando City Travels to Face New York Red Bulls on Sunday - Orlando City SC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Travel to Allianz Field to Face Minnesota United FC - Houston Dynamo
- New York and Orlando City Conclude Home-And-Home at RBA - New York Red Bulls
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Toronto FC - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- New York Red Bulls Defenders Aaron Long and Kyle Duncan Earn U.S. Men's National Team Call-Ups
- New York Red Bulls Announce End of Year Roster Decisions
- Red Bulls Knocked out of MLS Cup Playoffs; Fall to Columbus, 3-2
- New York Travels to Columbus for Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Round One Matchup
- New York Red Bulls Players and Pediatric Patients Virtually Design Posters to Mark Five-Year Anniversary of Tackle Kids Cancer