Orlando City SC Acquires Argentine Forward Ramiro Enrique as U22 Initiative Signing
January 26, 2023 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - Orlando City SC News Release
ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando City has acquired 21-year-old forward Ramiro Enrique from Club Atlético Banfield of Argentina's Primera División, it was announced today. Enrique will join the Lions on a three-year contract through 2025, with Club options in 2026 and 2027. He will be added to the Lions' roster as a part of the U22 initiative, pending the receipt of his P-1 Visa, ITC and medical evaluation.
"We are excited to welcome Ramiro to our Club ahead of the 2023 season, as we look to complete our roster and contend for more championships," said Orlando City EVP of Soccer Operations and General Manager Luiz Muzzi. "Ramiro is a very mobile and fast attacker that can create many opportunities in the attacking third. His versatility at the top of the formation gives us a ton of options to be creative in the attack and we can't wait to get him integrated into the group."
"Still early on in his professional career, he had a great season with Banfield and we are excited to be able to progress and elevate his skills here in Orlando. He is able to play a few different positions on the field and creates space both for himself and his teammates making him difficult to defend against. Ramiro is a great acquisition for us and we are excited to have him here."
A product of Banfield's academy system, Enrique signed his first professional contract with the club back in July 2019. The Argentine international made his professional debut on Feb. 12, 2021, in a Copa de la Liga match against Racing Club when he came on as a 73rd-minute substitute.
The Burzaco, Argentina native, has appeared in 73 professional matches, scoring 12 goals and dishing out three assists in just under 4,000 minutes across all competitions. Enrique has experience playing in the Copa Sudamericana, Copa de la Liga, Copa Argentina, Copa de la Liga Playoffs along with playing in Argentina's Primera División.
TRANSACTION: Orlando City SC acquires 21-year-old forward Ramiro Enrique from Club Atlético Banfield as a part of MLS' U22 initiative, pending the receipt of his P-1 Visa, ITC and medical evaluation, on a three-year contract through 2025, with Club options in 2026 and 2027.
Name: Ramiro Enrique [rah-MEE-roh en-REE-kay]
Born: May 4, 2001 in Burzaco, Argentina
Hometown: Burzaco, Argentina
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 26, 2023
- Nick Cushing: "I'Ve Been Hugely Impressed with Our Preseason Progress.Ã¢ÂÂ - New York City FC
- "It Brings Back Memories": William Yarbrough Soaks up Time in Home Country During Rapids' Preseason - Colorado Rapids
- Claudio Reyna Resigns as Sporting Director, to Continue with Austin FC as Technical Advisor - Austin FC
- Bmo Presents Preseason Match Between CF Montréal and PLSQ All-Stars - Club de Foot Montreal
- Sounders FC Preseason Update from Camp in Marbella, Spain - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC Signs Midfielder Daniel Crisostomo and Goalkeeper Abraham Romero - Los Angeles FC
- FC Cincinnati Announce 2023 Platform Match Schedule - FC Cincinnati
- Orlando City SC Acquires Argentine Forward Ramiro Enrique as U22 Initiative Signing - Orlando City SC
- Vazquez Becomes First Active FC Cincinnati Player to Earn a Cap and Score for U.S. Men's National TeamÃÂ - FC Cincinnati
- Philadelphia Union Acquire Midfielder Joaquín Torres - Philadelphia Union
- CF Montréal Concludes Trade with the Philadelphia Union - Club de Foot Montreal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Orlando City SC Announces Promotional Calendar for 2023 Season
- Martín Ojeda, Iván Angulo Score as Lions Down Philadelphia in 2-1 Victory
- The Assist: Orlando City at Philadelphia Union - March 25, 2023
- Martín Ojeda Scores First as a Lion in City Defeat to Charlotte
- The Assist: Orlando City vs. Charlotte FC - March 18, 2023