Orlando City and Pride Join Forces with Dreamfield, Student-Athletes for NIL Deals
ORLANDO, Fla. - Orlando City SC and Orlando Pride have teamed up with local Name, Image and Likeness (NIL) marketplace Dreamfield Sports to sign 17 local, student-athletes to NIL deals as Club ambassadors.
Working with Dreamfield, co-founded by former University of Central Florida (UCF) quarterback McKenzie Milton, the athletes, who represent a variety of collegiate sports, have partnered with Orlando City and Orlando Pride to showcase the Clubs' matchday experiences and serve as Club ambassadors on their respective College campuses.
"NIL is an exciting and fast-growing opportunity for both marketers and collegiate athletes. We're happy to be partnering with a local organization, but also that we are able to invest in student-athletes, who play right here in our backyard, to represent both Orlando City and Orlando Pride in the Central Florida community and their respective College campuses," said Pedro Araujo, chief marketing officer for the Club.
"It is great to see another professional sports organization in our home state of Florida not only engage with collegiate athletes as part of their marketing endeavors, but to also have chosen Dreamfield to help them facilitate their marketing program" said Corey Staniscia, Director of External Affairs at Dreamfield. "We look forward to continuing our partnership with the Orlando City and Orlando Pride soccer clubs well into the future by engaging with the Orlando community and grow the game of soccer through the power of NIL."
The 17 athletes that the Club is working with, listed below, all compete at UCF:
Mia Asenjo (Soccer, Redshirt Freshman)
Kelis Barton (Soccer, Fifth Year)
Chris Bowerfind (Football, Redshirt Freshman)
Josh Celiscar (Football, Junior)
Jada Cody (Softball, Junior)
Andrew Dickson (Football, Redshirt Freshman)
Shannon Doherty (Softball, Junior)
PJ Edwards (Basketball, Sophomore)
Taylor Hendricks (Basketball, Freshman)
Tyler Hendricks (Basketball, Freshman)
Rayniah Jones (Track, Sophomore)
Ben McCabe (Baseball, Redshirt Senior)
Jordan McDonald (Football, Freshman)
Johneisha Rowe (Softball, Junior)
Cole Russo (Baseball, Sophomore)
Kris Sosnowski (Baseball, Redshirt Freshman)
Alex Ward (Football, Fifth Year)
The Pride host their final home game of the season on Sunday, Sept. 25, welcoming San Diego Wave FC in a 7 p.m. ET kickoff. Meanwhile, Orlando City continues on the road next week, traveling to face NYCFC in an important match toward the team's playoff push on Sunday, Oct. 2. That game will kickoff at 1 p.m. ET and air on FOX35 PLUS and LionNationTV.
Tickets to remaining home games, as well as 2023 season ticket memberships, can be purchased OrlandoCitySC.com and Orlando-Pride.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 23, 2022
- Sporting KC Announces 2022 Award Winners - Sporting Kansas City
- Sounders FC Goalkeeper Andrew Thomas Undergoes Successful Surgery - Seattle Sounders FC
- Orlando City and Pride Join Forces with Dreamfield, Student-Athletes for NIL Deals - Orlando City SC
- FC Dallas Hosts Tigres UANL in a Friendly Presented by MoneyGram - FC Dallas
- Sounders FC Celebrates Latinx Heritage Month with a Host of Special Events in Seattle and Surrounding Areas - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake Fall 2-1 to Liga MX Champs Atlas FC - Real Salt Lake
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Orlando City SC Signs Defender Kyle Smith to New Contract
- Orlando City SC Signs Midfielder Favian Loyola to First Team Deal
- Orlando City Signs Goalkeeper Adam Grinwis to New Contract
- Orlando City SC Forward Alexander Alvarado's Purchase Option Exercised by LDU
- Exploria Stadium to Host International Friendly Between Vasco da Gama and River Plate in January