Orlando Arcia Named FSL Player of the Week
VIERA, Fla. - The Florida State League announced on Monday that Brevard County Manatees shortstop Orlando Arcia was named the league's player of the week for the period of June 23-29.
In seven games last week, Arcia hit .485 (16-for-33) with two home runs, a Florida State League-leading 13 runs batted in and scored eight runs. He also doubled six times, tripled and stole a base.
Arcia recorded five multi-hit games during the week and fell one hit shy of the cycle three times. On June 25, he set a career-high in hits with a 5-for-5 performance against the Lakeland Flying Tigers. Arcia also tied a career-high with five runs batted in and was a home run away from the cycle. On June 27 and 28 in Clearwater, he went a combined 6-for-11 and fell a triple shy of the cycle both nights. In the latter game, Arcia hit a game-tying, two-run home run with two outs in the top of the ninth inning en route to a 12-inning, 6-4 Manatees victory.
Arcia was signed by the Milwaukee Brewers as a non-drafted free agent on October 22, 2010 from Anaco, Venezuela.
For more information on the Brevard County Manatees, call (321) 633-9200 or go online to ManateesBaseball.com. Also, don't forget to like the Manatees on Facebook and follow the Manatees both on Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from June 30, 2014
- Miracle Fight Early Deficits, Win 10-6 - Fort Myers Miracle
- Mets Complete Sweep of Marauders with 5-2 Victory - St. Lucie Mets
- 'Crabs Split Twin Bill with 'Sharks - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Rosa Sparks Sharks with Walk-Off Homer - Jupiter Hammerheads
- RHP Luis Severino Named FSL Pitcher of the Week - Tampa Yankees
- Florida State League Names Pitcher & Player of the Week - FSL
- Orlando Arcia Named FSL Player of the Week - Brevard County Manatees
- Marauders to Celebrate America on Thursday Night - Bradenton Marauders
- Pre-July 4th Celebration with the Tampa Yankees - Tampa Yankees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.