On this Day: April 23, 2014
In lieu of the Portland Winterhawks winning the 2019-20 Scotty Munro Memorial Trophy, the Hawks will spend the spring reviewing some of their most memorable playoff moments over the years. From historic goals to future NHL stars and championship-winning teams, re-live some of Portland's iconic nights in the postseason.
April 23, 2014: Nic Petan scored his first WHL playoff hat trick on this day six years ago to lead the Hawks to victory! Portland went on to win the series against Kelowna 4-games-to-1 to advance to the WHL Finals.
Fun Fact: To this day, Petan still leads the entire WHL by playing in 88 playoff games.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from April 23, 2020
- Defenseman Max Martin Signs with AHL Texas Stars - Kamloops Blazers
- Broncos Dir. of Player Personnel Gary Aubin Breaks Down 2020 Draft Class - Swift Current Broncos
- 2020 WHL Bantam Draft Results - Portland Winterhawks
- Riley Heidt Signed to WHL Standard Player Agreement - Prince George Cougars
- 'The Hitmen Pledge Powered by ENMAX' Pours 34,763 Volunteer Hours into the Community - Calgary Hitmen
- Rockets name Terry McFaul head scout - Kelowna Rockets
- On this Day: April 23, 2014 - Portland Winterhawks
- Silvertips Select 12 Prospects in the 2020 WHL Bantam Draft - Everett Silvertips
- Americans Select Dragicevic Fourth Overall, Take 10 Skaters in 2020 WHL Bantam Draft - Tri-City Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.