Olsen To Start Thursday For Potomac In Winston Salem
The Washington Nationals announced today that Scott Olsen will continue his rehabilitation with a start for the Potomac Nationals Thursday in Winston Salem.
Olsen, 26, made his first rehab start in Hagerstown last Saturday. On the Disabled List since May 23, Olsen pitched four innings for the Suns and allowed just one run. The lefty struck out four and allowed just two hits and walked none.
On the road to recovery from shoulder inflammation, Olsen was 2-2 with a 3.77 ERA over eight starts for the Washington Nationals in 2010. Acquired from the Florida Marlins in an offseason deal before the 2009 season that also included Josh Willingham, Olsen's tenure with the Nats has been injury plagued.
Olsen missed most of his first season with the Nats with shoulder problems; he was first placed on the DL with tendinitis in mid May, and was put on the shelf for the balance of 2009 with a torn left labrum.
The Kalamazoo, Michigan native began the 2010 campaign in Triple A Syracuse but was promoted after one start. On May 6, he took a no hitter into the eighth inning against the Atlanta Braves. Olsen was in the midst of a five-game stretch where he went 1-0 with a 1.11 ERA before shoulder tightness again forced him to the disabled list.
The P-Nats have two more games with the Salem Red Sox in their current homestand before hitting the road for a seven-game trip to Winston Salem and Wilmington. Good seats are still available, so call 703-590-2311 or visit www.potomacnationals.com to get yours now.
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from July 20, 2010
- Controversial Balk Dooms Blue Rocks - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Hudson's Defensive Heroics Not Enough - Frederick Keys
- Errors Cost Dash in Rain-Shortened Loss - Winston-Salem Dash
- \Kinston Wins Rain Shortened Game 4-2 - Kinston Indians
- Cats Win to Snap Home Losing Streak - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Red Sox-Nationals Rained Out - Salem Red Sox
- Keys Begin Seven-Game Homestand Thursday - Frederick Keys
- Lynchburg Hillcats Game Notes - Lynchburg Hillcats
- RHP Seth Garrison Joins Salem - Salem Red Sox
- Major Leaguer to Start Against Dash Thursday - Winston-Salem Dash
- Olsen To Start Thursday For Potomac In Winston Salem - Potomac Nationals
- LHP Danny Rosenbaum Joins P-Nats - Potomac Nationals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Potomac Nationals Stories
- 2018 P-Nats Open House Scheduled for Saturday, March 24th at Pfitzner Stadium
- 2018 P-Nats Single Game Tickets Go on Sale March 19
- P-Nats Add Jose Canseco to 2018 Legends Autograph Series
- Potomac Nationals Announce 2018 Legends Autograph Series
- 2018 P-Nats Seasonal Job Fair at Pfitzner Stadium Scheduled for Wednesday, February 28th