Oilers Acquire Tyler Fleck
The Tulsa Oilers have acquired defenseman Tyler Fleck from the Missouri Mavericks in exchange for defenseman Tom Maldonado and future considerations.
"Tyler Fleck is a tough defenseman who has been a standout player for a number of years in this league," Oilers coach Bruce Ramsay said. "He's the kind of player that will sacrifice every part of his body to make a great play."
After playing 10 seasons with the Oklahoma City Blazers, Fleck joined the expansion Mavericks this season when the Blazers suspended operations in the Central Hockey League. The 5-foot-10, 210 pound solid blueliner has a reputation as one of the hardest body checkers in the CHL.
In 20 games with Missouri this season, Fleck had one goal and two assists for three points. He had 32 penalty minutes and was -1.
Maldonado, who joined the Oilers in the summer when New Mexico suspended operations, appeared in all 23 of the Oiler games this season. The 5-foot-8, 185 pounder had three goals and six assists for nine points, with eight penalty minutes and was -4.
Fleck is expected to be in the Oilers line up when they host the Amarillo Gorillas Friday at 7:35 p.m. at the BOK Center. That is the start of a three game weekend for the Oilers who will host Rapid City on Saturday at 7:35 p.m. and play at Bossier-Shreveport Sunday afternoon at 4:05 p.m.
Tickets for all Oilers games are available at the BOK Center box office or by calling 1-866-7-BOK CTR (726-5287). Tickets can also be purchased on line at www.tulsaoilers.com and at area Reasor's Grocery Stores.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 16, 2009
- Eagles Score Seven Unanswered In 8-2 Win - Colorado Eagles
- Belanger's Two Goals Not Enough In Loss - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Send Plume To Bossier-Shreveport in Exchange for Medernach & Future Considerations - Rapid City Rush
- Mudbugs Acquire Plume In Trade With Rapid City - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Intrust Bank Arena Thunder Tickets On Sale Friday - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Acquire Tyler Fleck - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavericks Trade Defenseman Tyler Fleck To Tulsa - Kansas City Mavericks
- Bucks Try For 300th Win Again Thursday - Laredo Bucks
- 'Dogs Place Perras On Goaltender I.R., Sign Netminder Sergey Klimokovich - Arizona Sundogs
- RiverKings Happenings - Mississippi RiverKings
- Sundogs And McWhite's North American Van Lines Play Host To, Donate Toys To Children - Arizona Sundogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.