Ogunbowale Leads Wings in Loss to Aces
The Dallas Wings (5-15) fell to the Las Vegas Aces (14-6) 86-54 Tuesday, July 30 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center. Rookie Arike Ogunbowale led the Wings with 14 points and was followed by a career-high of 11 points from fellow rookie Megan Gustafson. It's the first time since May 14, 2017 that two rookies were the Wings' top two scorers.
Ogunbowale has now eclipsed 10 or more fourteen times this season, the most double-digit games of any rookie in the league this year, and for the eleventh time in the Wings' last thirteen games. The Notre Dame product has now led the Wings in the scorebook for 10 games this season, the most of any player on the team. Gustafson and Isabelle Harrison pulled down a team-high eight rebounds. It's the fourth time Harrison has been the leading board getter and the first time for Gustafson.
The Wings return home for a Thursday contest against the New York Liberty on Texas Forever Night. The 7 p.m. game, presented by American Fidelity, will feature a bucket hat giveaway, Jesse Jennings performing the National Anthem and an in-game rodeo with stick pony barrel racing, lasso Lightning and an armadillo derby. The matchup will be televised on Fox Sports Southwest.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from July 31, 2019
- Wheeler's Late Layup Propels Fever Past Dream, 61-59 - Indiana Fever
- Wings Take on Liberty at Home Thursday - Dallas Wings
- Sparks Announce Pat Summitt Leadership Night on August 8 - Los Angeles Sparks
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
- Ogunbowale Leads Wings in Loss to Aces - Dallas Wings
- Las Vegas Aces Remain Tied for First Following, 86-54, Wire-To-Wire Win over Dallas - Las Vegas Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dallas Wings Stories
- Ogunbowale Named to USA Women's AmeriCup Team
- Wings Awarded No. 2 Pick in 2020 WNBA Draft
- Ogunbowale Named to 2019 WNBA All-Rookie Team
- Diggins-Smith and Ogunbowale to Participate in USA Basketball Training Ahead of FIBA AmeriCup
- Wings Fall to Seattle in Season Finale