OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup
by David Carlson
July 31, 2019 - Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA)
WNBA doesn't rank with its All Star Draft, gets 508k for the game
The WNBA led into All-Star Weekend with the first TV production of its All-Star teams draft, which didn't draw well enough to break into the Top 150 cable shows of Tuesday, although the game after at 10pm did sneak in with a .04 demo and 194k viewers. All-Star Friday night drew 280k on ESPN, and the game pulled in a .11 and 508k on ABC Saturday afternoon.
Last Week's OSC Leagues Ratings Summary:
|7/23||9:30p||ESPN2||WNBA A.S. Draft||Not in Top 150|
|7/26||7p||ESPN||WNBA A.S. Friday Night||.09/280k|
|7/27||8p||NBCSN||PLL||Not in Top 150|
|7/27||10p||ESPNews||NWSL||Not in Top 150|
While the NWSL on ESPNews isn't getting into the Top 150, some information from other articles gave us their first rating on ESPNews of 75k, which is likely what it will draw on ESPNews all season.
Follow OSC TV and ratings discussion at https://twitter.com/OsctvR.
NOTE: Don't know what the "demo" is? Unsure of why the different ratings numbers don't match up? Read our explanation of TV ratings in our first article here.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from July 31, 2019
- Wheeler's Late Layup Propels Fever Past Dream, 61-59 - Indiana Fever
- Wings Take on Liberty at Home Thursday - Dallas Wings
- Sparks Announce Pat Summitt Leadership Night on August 8 - Los Angeles Sparks
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
- Ogunbowale Leads Wings in Loss to Aces - Dallas Wings
- Las Vegas Aces Remain Tied for First Following, 86-54, Wire-To-Wire Win over Dallas - Las Vegas Aces
The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer(s), and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.