OCSC Face Midweek Test against Real Monarchs
HERRIMAN, Utah. - A playoff place has been secured for Orange County following their 2-0 victory over 10 man OKC Energy over the weekend. Now the side will head to Utah to take on Real Monarchs, the first of two crucial road matches that will determine which team will take fourth place and the final home playoff spot.
OC and the Monarchs currently occupy fifth and sixth place, with 48 and 46 points respectively. The Monarchs have a game in hand over Orange County, and two games in hand over Sacramento, who sit in the coveted fourth spot.
Real Monarchs' last match was on September 28, a 2-1 victory over fellow playoff side Reno 1868. While the hosts enter with a longer layoff than OC, Wednesday's match will be the first of four matches in 10 days to close out the season. Pressure is mounting on the Utahn side to keep pace for fourth place, especially as they take on OC and Sacramento in their closing matches.
Altitude and the weather will be challenging factors, as Wednesday night is forecasted to be rainy and windy, with temps at kickoff around 40 degrees. OC possess the quality to pick up all three points, running out 3-1 winners in the reverse fixture. A return to winning ways this past Saturday should further give a boost to Orange County as they look to reclaim fourth place before a six-pointer on Saturday.
Michael Orozco will be serving the second and final game of his suspension against the Monarchs. Michael Seaton, Vinicius, and Hugo Arellano still remain just one caution away from suspension for accumulation.
The match kicks off at 6pm PST at Zions Bank Stadium in Herriman, Utah. The game will also be broadcast live on ESPN+ in the United States.
Orange County SC have scored at least two goals in 18 matches this season.
Real Monarchs have the third-highest goal tally in the Western Conference, finding the net 62 times, an average of just over two goals per game.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 8, 2019
- Nashville SC Again Finds Winner at the Death in 2-1 Victory over Archrival: Nissan Recap - Nashville SC
- Independence Team up with Aftermarket & Custom Auto Partner, Rimz One - Charlotte Independence
- Preview: Athletic Host Birmingham in Rare Wednesday Night Match - Hartford Athletic
- Justin Dhillon Named to USL Championship Team of the Week for Week 31 - Tacoma Defiance
- Match Preview: ATL UTD 2 vs Bethlehem Steel FC - Atlanta United 2
- Championship Weekend Recap - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- OCSC Face Midweek Test against Real Monarchs - Orange County SC
- Obasi Selected to USL Championship Team of the Week - Ottawa Fury FC
- Andre Rawls Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- JT Marcinkowski Named USL Player of the Week - Reno 1868 FC
- Rising FC Duo Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - Phoenix Rising FC
- Reno's Marcinkowski Voted Championship Player of the Week - USL
- Real Monarchs SLC Seeks Playoff Berth at Home against Orange County SC on Wednesday - Real Monarchs SLC
- GameDay: LouCity vs. Nashville SC - Louisville City FC
- How to Follow: Nashville SC vs. Louisville City FC - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC Knows What's at Stake Tuesday Night against Louisville City FC - Nashville SC
- STLFC Partners with Caribbean Creme - Saint Louis FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orange County SC Stories
- Everything You Need to Know When Orange County SC Host San Diego Loyal SC in Week 27
- Another Ben Mines Goal Gives OCSC 1-0 Win against Oakland
- Everything You Need to Know When Orange County SC Visit Oakland Roots SC in Week 26
- OCSC Holds off Phoenix and Secures an Important Three Points at Home
- Everything You Need to Know When Orange County SC Host Phoenix Rising FC in Week 26