Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 3 - 1 Montreal Impact
New York City FC 3 - 1 Montreal Impact
Saturday, October 24, 2020
2020 MLS Regular Season
Yankee Stadium - Bronx, NY
New York City FC: Sean Johnson; Anton Tinnerholm, Sebastien Ibeagha, Alexander Callens, Gudmundur Thorarinsson; Keaton Parks (90'+3 Nicolas Acevedo), Alex Ring; Gary Mackay-Steven (79' Tony Rocha), Jesus Medina, Ronald Matarrita (90'+4' Juan Pablo Torres); Maxi Moralez
SUBS UNUSED: Brad Stuver, Luis Barraza, Joe Scally, Justin Haak
Montreal Impact: James Panternis; Zachary Brault-Guillard, Rudy Camacho (73' Maximiliano Urruti), Joel Waterman, Luis Binks, Jorge Corrales; Samuel Piette, Victor Wanyama, Amar Sejdic (80' Mason Toye); Romell Quioto, Bojan (73' Ballou Tabla)
SUBS UNUSED: Jonathan Sirois, Jukka Raitala, Karifa Yao, Orji Okwonkwo, Shamit Shome, Emmanuel Maciel
68' - NYC - Jesus Medina
83' - NYC - Maxi Moralez (Assist: Anton Tinnerholm)
86' - NYC - Tony Rocha (Assist: Ronald Matarrita)
89' - MTL - Romell Quioto (Assist: Jorge Corrales, Maximiliano Urruti)
68' - NYC - Anton Tinnerholm (YC - Unsporting Behavior)
89' - NYC - Ronald Matarrita (YC - Unsporting Behavior)
New York City FC Head Coach Ronny Delia:
On getting the result despite roster challenges...
"It says a lot of the group. It was an amazing performance. Really, really good. We were solid from the first minute to the last minute. The first goal was important. We get the first by a great attack and we just kept on pressing and running and playing and we got [goals] two and three. That was a really, really good performance. Just very impressed by the boys."
New York City FC Midfielder Tony Rocha:
On getting his first MLS goal...
"It means a lot. I've been fighting for minutes and it's not always easy coming in at the end of games. Whenever you are coming in with 10 minutes left, you job is to stay compact defensively and try to help your team win, or tie, or whatever the situation is for the game. But, yeah, I was extremely happy to get the goal today."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 24, 2020
- New York City FC Slugs Montreal Impact - Montreal Impact
- Dynamo Draw 1-1 with Columbus Crew SC - Houston Dynamo
- Red Bulls Stretch Unbeaten Streak to Four, Draw Chicago Fire, 2-2 - New York Red Bulls
- Stoppage Time Schoenfeld Goal Gives MNUFC Three Points in Cincinnati - Minnesota United FC
- Minnesota United FC Tops FC Cincinnati 1-0 - FC Cincinnati
- Second Half Woes Sink Rapids - Colorado Rapids
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 3 - 1 Montreal Impact - New York City FC
- D.C. United Win 2-1 against Atlanta United on the Road - D.C. United
- Inter Miami CF Defeats Orlando City SC 2-1 in Front of Limited Number of Season Ticket Members - Inter Miami CF
- Atlanta United Falls 2-1 to D.C. United - Atlanta United FC
- Orlando City Drops 2-1 Decision at Inter Miami - Orlando City SC
- New York City FC Confirm Positive COVID-19 Case - New York City FC
- LAFC Faces Rival LA Galaxy Tomorrow at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Earthquakes Face Vancouver Whitecaps FC Tonight - San Jose Earthquakes
- Nashville SC Extends Home Unbeaten Streak with 1-1 Draw against New England Revolution - Nashville SC
- Revolution and Nashville SC Play to 1-1 Draw - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York City FC Stories
- Orlando City SC 1 Ã¢ÂÂ 1 New York City FC; Orlando City SC Advances 6-5 on Penalties
- New York City FC Signs Andres Jasson to Homegrown Contract
- New York City Football Club Continues COVID-19 Relief Efforts with NY Common Pantry During Thanksgiving Week
- New York City FC and Heineken Launch Multiyear Partnership Renewal to Kickoff 2020 MLS Playoff Campaign
- New York City FC and the YES Network to Debut "NYCFC - Home for the CityÃ¢ÂÂÃÂ Playoff Preview on Tuesday, November 17ÃÂ on YES