Earthquakes Face Vancouver Whitecaps FC Tonight
SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Earthquakes (6-7-6; 24 pts.) are facing Vancouver Whitecaps FC (7-12-0; 21 pts.) tonight at Providence Park in Portland, presented by Valley Health Plan. The match kicks off at 7 p.m. and will be broadcast live on NBC Sports California, KNBR 1050 and 1370 KZSF.
San Jose and Vancouver are facing off for the third time this season, with the Quakes earning a come-from-behind 4-3 win during the MLS is Back Tournament on July 15 and later defeating the Canadian side 3-0 at home on Oct. 7. With the two results, San Jose now holds a perfect 4-0-0 record in their last four meetings with Whitecaps FC, scoring at least three goals in each of them.
The Earthquakes are 4-1-1 in their last six matches, earning 13 of a possible 18 points during that span. Only Toronto FC (5-0-1; 16 pts.) have earned more points than San Jose in their last six matches.
Currently in seventh place in the Western Conference, and just one point out of fourth place, San Jose is looking to climb the standings with just four matches remaining. The top eight teams reach the postseason and the top four host a first-round matchup.
Tonight's match will be played at Providence Park, home of the Portland Timbers, due to COVID-related international travel restrictions.
Images from this story
San Jose Earthquakes vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 24, 2020
- New York City FC Slugs Montreal Impact - Montreal Impact
- Dynamo Draw 1-1 with Columbus Crew SC - Houston Dynamo
- Red Bulls Stretch Unbeaten Streak to Four, Draw Chicago Fire, 2-2 - New York Red Bulls
- Stoppage Time Schoenfeld Goal Gives MNUFC Three Points in Cincinnati - Minnesota United FC
- Minnesota United FC Tops FC Cincinnati 1-0 - FC Cincinnati
- Second Half Woes Sink Rapids - Colorado Rapids
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 3 - 1 Montreal Impact - New York City FC
- D.C. United Win 2-1 against Atlanta United on the Road - D.C. United
- Inter Miami CF Defeats Orlando City SC 2-1 in Front of Limited Number of Season Ticket Members - Inter Miami CF
- Atlanta United Falls 2-1 to D.C. United - Atlanta United FC
- Orlando City Drops 2-1 Decision at Inter Miami - Orlando City SC
- New York City FC Confirm Positive COVID-19 Case - New York City FC
- LAFC Faces Rival LA Galaxy Tomorrow at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- Earthquakes Face Vancouver Whitecaps FC Tonight - San Jose Earthquakes
- Nashville SC Extends Home Unbeaten Streak with 1-1 Draw against New England Revolution - Nashville SC
- Revolution and Nashville SC Play to 1-1 Draw - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Earthquakes Stories
- Earthquakes Announce 2020 Club Award Winners
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 23, 2020
- Quakes eliminated after forcing No. 1 seed to penalty kicks
- Earthquakes Face Sporting KC Today in Round One of the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs
- Earthquakes Announce Extended Partnership with PG&E and the PG&E Corporation Foundation